THROUGH THE WIRE
- Charter's world vision. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;01/18/99, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p120
Reveals the agenda of Jerry Kent, chief executive officer of cable firm Charter and Marcus Cable following the acquisition of Charter Communications by Paul Allen. Completion of Charter-Marcus consolidation; Launch of improved products and services; Interest in telephony; Establishment of...
- I WANT MY CABLE TV. J.M.H. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/19/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 48, p4
Reports on the postemployment benefits received by Jerry Kent from Charter Communications in the United States. Agreement on free cable service without charge; Implication of agreement for Kent; Total cash bonus.
- CHARTER'S LOSS. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/1/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p1
Reports the decision of Charter Communications Inc. president and chief executive officer Jerry Kent not to continue his contract with the company. Overview of Kent's impressive track record; Disagreement between Kent and Charter chairman Paul Allen; Decrease of the stock price after Kent's...
- Jerry Kent. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;06/04/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 23, p146
Focuses on the business operations of the telecommunication company Charter Communications as of June 2001. Views of chief executive officer Jerry Kent on the entry of the company into the Internet telephony market; Number of acquisitions as of June 4, 2001; Views on the technology advantage of...
- Top Powell Aide Boos Sports-Net Regulations. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p110
Reports on Charter Communications Inc. chief executive officer Jerry Kent's support for regulations that would mandate carriage for those networks that hold contracts with sports leagues that jointly sell television rights. Prevention of wider examination of cable-regulatory issues.
- CABLE GUY'S RESIGNATION RATTLES CHARTER'S FOUNDATION. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;10/8/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 15, p30
Reports the resignation of executive Jerry Kent from the Charter Communications, and its impact on the company. Issues posed by Kent's resignation; Reasons of Kent for resigning. INSET: CHARTER TAKES HSA IN-HOUSE.
- Owner charts new course for Marcus Cable. Shepherd, Shawn // Business Press;11/20/98, Vol. 11 Issue 28, p1
Focuses on Charter Communications co-founder and president Jerry Kent effort to chart a different course for cable company Marcus Cable. Commitment to customer service at top of agenda for financially-troubled cable company; Billing and service problems plaguing the local cable system;...
- Charter Sells Systems for $896 Million. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p10
Reports that Charter Communications Corp. has agreed to sell its nonstrategic systems in West Virginia and Virginia and in Kentucky and Illinois. Amount that Cebridge Connections will pay to Charter for the West Virginia and Virginia properties; Statement issued by Cebridge President Jerry...
- Nathanson goes back to work. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/1/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 41, p16
Reports the replacement of Jerry Kent by Marc Nathanson as chairman of Charter Communications. Partnership with shareholder Paul Allen and financial lieutenant Bill Savoy; Personality clash between Kent, Allen and Savoy; Sale of Kent's shares.