Funds Increase Their Telco Holdings
- FUND FILE. I.P. // Money;Aug2001, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p44
Offers news briefs relating to money and investing. Performance of the Schroder Ultra small-cap growth and value fund; Stock holdings of Fidelity funds; Others.
- STOCKS 4 SALE. Stern, Linda // Newsweek;6/9/2003, Vol. 141 Issue 23, p65
Looks at limited-time offers for Fidelity Investments' Contrafund. What these mutual funds consist of.
- Fidelity Advisor Small Cap and Osterweis Keep a Lid on Losses. Carlson, Greg // Morningstar FundInvestor;Mar2009, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p13
The article reports on the leaders in losses and laggards in the U.S. funds market. The leaders are the Fidelity Advisor Small Cap and Osterweis. While the laggers are the Marciso 21st Century that lags 95% of its rivals, T. Rowe Price Emerging Markets Stock that lost 64%, and Fidelity...
- On or Off: There's no in between. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;9/23/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p38
Focuses on the business performance of the telecommunication industry. Reorganization of the Qwest Communications; Number of central offices of the company; Responsibility of technicians in conducting monthly maintenance checks of the battery system.
- Local Entities Must Deal With Communities Excluded From the Telecommunications Revolution. Stauffer, Mike // New Mexico Business Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p29
Assesses the status of the telecommunications industry in New Mexico as of December 2002. List of independent telephone companies in the state; Areas in which Qwest agreed to expand the local calling area; Initiative from the Northern New Mexico Telecommunications Advocacy Group.
- Qwest buries fibers of huge packet bandwidth to unbog the Internet. Metcalfe, Bob // InfoWorld;01/05/98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p87
Comments on the efforts of Qwest Communications Inc. to offer long-distance telephone services in the United States via the Internet. Use of conduits in connecting several cities in the United States; Rates offered to telephone customers; Books offering information on Qwest and the telephone...
- Growing pains test Qwest. Rohde, David // Network World;11/08/99, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p1
Reports on charges by users and consultants that Qwest Communications Inc. has been missing installation dates on private lines, frame relay nodes and Web hosting facilities. Qwest executives' insistence that they are on top of the situation; Huge demand for products; Customers saying that the...
- QWEST COMMUNICATIONS INTL. Goldblatt, Henry // Fortune;
Features the telecommunications company Qwest Communications International. Their role in building the fifth coast-to-coast telecom network in the United States; The founder Joe Nacchio.
- Qwest reduces debt. // RCR Wireless News;12/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 51/52, p252
Reports on the reduction of Qwest Communications International's outstanding debt through an exchange offer in 2002. Significance of the successful results of the private exchange offer for the company; Allegation of some bondholders against Qwest's offer.