Congress Considers Limits on Muni Wireless
- Senators urge FCC to fix USF disparities. // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;2/23/2011, p1
The article focuses on the three U.S. senators who urged the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to address disparities in contributions between their states as part of the Universal Service Fund. It states that Senators Julius Genachowski, Frank Lautenberg, and John Kerry argued that...
- Rockefeller introduces 700 MHz D Block bill. Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;1/25/2011, p1
The article focuses on the legislation that will relocate 700 Megahertz (Mhz) D Block spectrum to public safety and provide a funding source for the deployment of mobile broadband networks for first responders introduced by U.S. Senator Jay Rockefeller. It says that the dedication of more than...
- DTV Date Wars. // CableFAX Daily;10/19/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 203, p1
Reports on the plan of U.S. Senator John McCain to try to amend a draft legislation to schedule the deadline for returning analog frequency spectrum at 2006 or 2007. Reason that U.S. Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Ted Stevens prefer to make the deadline April 7, 2009.
- Philadelphia Official: Keep States From Blocking Broadband. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32320, p5
The article reports on the initiative of a Senate panel in rewriting federal telecommunications law. It takes into consideration the inclusion of a provision that prevent states from blocking localities from providing broadband services. Philadelphia Mayor John Street recognizes that without an...
- Ensign-McCain Telecom Bill Attracts Attention. // TelecomWeb News Digest;2/16/2006, p5
This article reports on the renewed interest generated by the telecommunication regulation reform bill introduced by U.S. Senators John Ensign (R-Nevada) and John McCain (R-Arizona). The U.S. Senate pressed closer toward legislating solutions to federal-state jurisdictional issues, video service...
- Frank Lautenberg dead at 89; Special election to be held. TOWNES, GLENN // New York Amsterdam News;6/6/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 23, p4
An obituary for New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg is presented.
- More clear air? // Newsweek;7/23/1990, Vol. 116 Issue 4, p7
Reports that New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg, the Transportation subcommittee chairman, is trying to get smoking banned in airport terminals, since smoking is now banned on all flights.
- NEW JERSEY. // Hill;6/5/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 65, p17
The article reports that Senator Frank Lautenberg is running for a fifth Senate term in November 2008 after he defeated Representative Robert Andrews on June 3, 2008 in Democratic primary in New Jersey.
- Ensign Takes Tiller on Telecom Measure. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p48
Discusses the telecommunications deregulation legislation introduced in the U.S. Senate by Senator John Ensign and Senator John McCain. Role of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 in the failure of AT&T Corp. and MCI Communications Inc.; Reaction of the cable industry to the legislation;...