MovieBeam Tries Again
- Nets Survive '24,' Idol' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the rising audience share of cable televisions in the U.S. Despite television's most popular shows, cable continued to widen its lead over the broadcast networks in January 2007 in viewership share for the 2006-2007 television season. Disney Channel led cable's primetime...
- CABLE'S HOT SUMMER. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/1/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 22, p3
The article reports on the success of original series on cable television in the United States in summer 2007. Ad-supported cable averaged its best-ever audience share in July 2007 of 62.6 percent. Disney Channel grabbed the top spot in primetime for July with average viewers of three million....
- THE DIGITAL KINGDOM. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;3/17/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p20
The article discusses plans by children's cable television network Disney Channel during the 2008 advertising upfronts. The channel delivers far more viewers in prime time than its main competitors, enjoying a winning streak among kids 6-14. Because the company is non-ad-supported, its...
- Integration Front and Center as Alternate Revenue Source. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;9/15/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p16
Focuses on the integrated marketing and product integration deals of ABC Family, a cable television network owned by Walt Disney Co. Companies with which it has contracts; Objectives behind the deals; Background information on ABC Family.
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;8/27/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p30
The article presents news briefs related to the cable television industry in the U.S. The National Cable & Telecommunications Association has developed a tuning resolver to allow electronics devices to receive switched linear channels. Disney Channel plans to expand "My Friends Tigger & Pooh" to...
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...