- CNN turns 20. Campbell, Kim // Christian Science Monitor;6/1/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 133, p11
Reports on the 20th anniversary of Ted Turner's Cable News Network (CNN). How CNN changed television news with its coverage of the Berlin Wall in 1989, and the Gulf War in 1991; The CNN effect of live television coverage, which influences how diplomacy is carried out; How plans for the merger...
- Faster than real. Kerschbaumer, Ken // TVB Europe;Aug2004, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p22
Reports that television news network, NY1 News has signed an agreement with Panasonic to switch over to the P2 solid-state broadcast format by 2005. Terms of the agreement; High technology tools and solutions involved in the deal.
- CNN and Mars. Lannon, Larry // Telephony;11/23/98, Vol. 235 Issue 21, p64
Focuses on the role of CNN in the coverage of news of worldwide importance. Coverage of the Iraq global crisis; Role of Ted Turner in bringing information to televiewers.
- Network To the World. Haley, Kathy // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p4A
Focuses on the changes in Cable News Network's (CNN) 24-hour news broadcasts. Competition of the cable network with ABC and Westinghouse; Goals of the network for CNN2; Subscriber counts for CNN2 and rival SNC; Influence of the network on television news.
- The (Busy) People's Network. Donovan, Sharon // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p6A
Focuses on CNN Headline News television network's strategy in news programming. Changes in the network's format in 1999 aimed at creating viewer-friendly shows; Additions to the network's line of anchors; `Anti-flow' philosophy in the network's programming.
- Raising the Bar. Haley, Kathy // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p8A
Focuses on Cable News Network's global news-gathering operation. Number of news bureaus under the network; Expansion of the network's operation during the 1990s; Strategy of the network to enhance its reputation in the news business.
- Big Growth en Espanol. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p14A
Features CNN en Espanol, a cable news network targeting the Latin American market. Notable events in the region covered by the network; Expansion plans; Availability.
- Longhorn launch. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p67
Reports that Texas Cable News is planning to take a state-wide approach to news. Debut of the network on January 1, 1999; Reliance of the channel on A.H. Belo's television stations; Formal affiliations with stations and papers in Texas towns.
- ITV outlines details of post-News at Ten peaktime schedule. // Campaign;01/29/99, Issue 4, p6
Introduces ITV's nighttime news bulletins, an integral portion of the British cable network's program overhaul to increase audience reach in 1999. Replacement for the program `News at Ten'; Evaluation of the audience impact of entertainment programs.