Digital Phone Service Comes on Strong
- Bright House Shifts PEG Nets. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p22
The article reports that cable company Bright House Networks has notified producers in the Tampa, Florida area that public, educational and government programming will be converted from analog to digital. According to Bright House senior director of public affairs and communications Kena Lewis,...
- Technology VP Focuses on Basics in '06. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p29
The article focuses on the initiatives of Eugene White, vice president of engineering and technology for Bright House Networks in Tampa, Florida. His entry to the cable business is described. The deployment of fiber into the network is reported. The challenge encountered in launching digital...
- Making Customer Care The Top Priority. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p30
The article focuses on the customer care program of Bright House Networks in the U.S. The purpose of an Internet-protocol-based communications platform between officers and employees is given. The remarks of executive Bill Futch on the program are presented. The importance of centralization to...
- Getting a 'Bright' Idea Takes Effort. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p6D
Deals with the consumer marketing adopted by cable operator Bright House Networks in 2003. Replacement of the TimeWarnerCable name on the systems of Advance/Newhouse; Strategy employed for the name change; Changes enacted by Advance/Newhouse.
- Speedway. // CableFAX Daily;10/11/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 197, p1
This article reports on the launch of two digital videos of Road Runner from Bright House. Cost of the videos are given. The videos will be downloaded at varying speeds.
- Bright House Wants 'Naked' DSL Mandate. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p22
Reports on the plan of Bright House Networks to require all incumbent phone companies to sell digital-subscriber line (DSL) service on an a la carte basis. Complaint filed by Bright House against Verizon Communications and BellSouth Corp.; Laws and facts being disputed in the issue; Request of...
- Microfilter design promises peaceful coexistence between ADSL and the voiceband. Ting Sun // EDN;12/09/99, Vol. 44 Issue 25, p55
Focuses on the advantages of using microfilter designs on asymmetrical-digital-subscriber-line (ADSL) and the voiceband. Capacity of operating with both G.Lite and full-rate ADSL; Harmony between ADSL and the plain old telephone system; Impact of telephone-impedance change within the ADSL band...
- Digital devices. // Inter@ctive Week;10/28/96, Vol. 3 Issue 23, p63
Presents digital communications-related news developments, reported for the week October 28, 1996. Release of Castelle's InfoPress file retrieval system; Introduction of Umax Computer Corp.'s SuperMac C600 minitower system.
- Digital phones are like portable office. DiMeo, Sam // Caribbean Business;11/7/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p21
Reports on the popularity of digital telephones in Puerto Rico. Annual sales in the cellular market; Plans by telecommunications firms to expand wireless communications services; Advantages of using digital telephones; Differences between personal communications services (PCS) and non-PCS...