- Telephone Company and Cable Television Competition: Key Technical, Economic, Legal and Policy Issues. // Journalism Quarterly;Autumn91, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p578
Reviews the book `Telephone Company and Cable Television Competition: Key Technical, Economic, Legal and Policy Issues,` by Stuart N. Brotman.
- LEC wireless CATV gets the go ahead. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;9/6/93, Vol. 225 Issue 10, p9
Reports on the granting of permission by the Federal Communications Commission to local exchange carriers to offer wireless cable television (CATV) services within their territories. Offer of local multipoint distribution service by CellularVision; Bell Atlantic's intention to offer wireless...
- Telephone companies keeping video in play. Dawson, Fred // Inter@ctive Week;07/21/97, Vol. 4 Issue 24, pI-10
Editorial. Comments on the efforts of telephone companies to get into the cable business. Experiments of telephone companies with building cable television (TV) networks; Statement from Brian Blevins, spokesman for GTE Corporation.
- Cable's HSD Market Share Hit 57%. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;12/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p14
Reports on the control of cable operators on the majority of high speed data market in the U.S. as of June 30, 2002 according to data by Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Plans of FCC to draft broadband policies in favor of cable operators and phone companies; Growth rate of cable...
- Cable Competition Waltzes Across Texas. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p3
Focuses on the competition among cable television networks in Texas. Participation of the Western Integrated Networks LLC, Grande Communications and WideOpen West (WOW) LLC franchises; Implications of the competition for the consumers; Details on the Forth Worth agreement with WOW; Preparation...
- Competing news services vie for station loyalty. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;09/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p44
Focuses on the strategies employed by cable television networks to succeed in a competitive TV market in the United States. Effect of the joint venture between ABC, CBS and Fox network on the insurance policy of Cable News Network (CNN); Launch of the CNN Marketsource, a live stock-market...
- Operator good will is the real prize. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p36
Announces that ZDTV, a computer oriented cable channel which will be launched in 1998, plans to sponsor the first competition to find the best Web site created by a cable operator in the United States. Winners to be honored at the 1997 Western Cable Show in California; Who will judge...
- Cable dodges rate regs. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;07/27/98, Vol. 128 Issue 31, p4
Focuses on the increasing cable rates in the United States (US). US House Telecommunications Subcommittee Chairman Billy Tauzin's plan to introduce a bill intended to keep cable rates down; US Congress' effort to find a way to introduce competition into the cable industry.
- In-your-face music. Burgi, Michael // Brandweek;06/11/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 24, pSR8
Focuses on the competition between music cable television networks MTV2 and MuchMusic. Features of MuchMusic's upcoming program lineup in June 2001; Comparison on the number of their subscribers.