Adelphia Wants to Ground a Falcon
- Shockwaves continue to reverberate. Hayes, Duffy // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p32
Focuses on the contribution of Adelphia Communications Corp. to the advancement of broadband. Impact of economic problems on the firm; Causes of the bankruptcy at Adelphia; Services offered by the company.
- L.A. Lawsuit Hits Adelphia . Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/4/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p125
Reports the lawsuit filed by Mark Shelmerdine and Susan Jeffers against Adelphia Communications Corp. in Los Angeles, California. Details of the lawsuit; Consideration of timing of bills and automatic debits as the key to the complaint; Charges on breach of contract.
- Adelphia broadens broadband fare. // CED;Aug2005, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p14
Reports that Adelphia Communications has expanded its broadband content menu with the addition of ESPN360 and Disney Connection. Offer of ESPN360 to Adelphia's Preferred and Premier high-speed Internet subs; Features of Disney Connection; Adelphia's broadband service for its Adelphia.net...
- S-A's New SciCare Unit Signs Up Adelphia. Feduschak, Natalia A. // Multichannel News;04/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p46
Reports on developments related to United States-based Scientific-Atlanta Inc.'s SciCare Broadband Services broadband communication business as of April 3, 2000. Adelphia Communications Corp. as the service's first client.
- Adelphia D&O recision halted. McLeod, Douglas // Business Insurance;12/15/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 50, p3
The on-again, off-again effort of Adelphia Communications Corp.'s directors and officers liability insurers to rescind coverage is off again following a bankruptcy judge's order. U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Robert E. Gerber on December 5 reinstated a stay halting most action in a recision lawsuit...
- Busting Daniels' last deal. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/16/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 16, p14
Reports the filing of a lawsuit against Adelphia Communications by lawyers of the cable television operator Bill Daniels estate in the United States. Allegations of the lawyers on failure of Adelphia to purchase cable systems; Cost of the deal; Settlement of another case on cable television...
- Adelphia Objects to Adviser Funds. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p32
Adelphia Communications Corp. is attempting to block a move by its equity shareholders committee to hire a sixth professional adviser, claiming the committee is playing fast and loose with the cash of bankrupt MSO. In a document filed with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of...
- Adelphia Sues for Standing in Moreno. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;03/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p10
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Adelphia Communications Corp. against Moreno Valley, California. Refusal of Moreno Valley to transfer AT&T Broadband's franchise to Adelphia; Details of the case.
- Angry Bondholders Sue Adelphia's Banks. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/14/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 28, p21
Reports that bondholders are taking legal action against multi channel operator Adelphia Communications Corp.'s bank. Demand of bondholders for intervention from bankruptcy court judge; Inappropriate allocation of fund by the bank to its chairman's family members; Use of the bank's money to buy...