Fla. City Settles Suit Over Franchise
- FNC, Massillon Repair Damage. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;04/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p10
Reports the settlement of the contract dispute between Fox News Channel (FNC) and Massillon Cable TV in Ohio. Resume of the FNC service to all Massillon's subscribers; Broadcast of the FNC channels over channels 56 and 78 of Massillon Cable systems; Reason of the deauthorization of FNC signal...
- In the States:. // CableFAX Daily;3/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 52, p2
This article offers updates on the telecommunications industry in the U.S. Comcast decided to spend $1 million to settle allegations of misleading advertising practices and poor customer service in Massachusetts. MSG and Cablevision will pay New York state government to settle lobbying...
- the tally. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;5/11/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p4
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. related to business including the investment of 300 million U.S. dollars by Comcast Corp. at its acquired business, NBCUniversal LLC, the initial public offering (IPO) by Dunkin' Brands Group Inc., the parent company of Dunkin' Donuts LLC, and...
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;12/13/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 240, p2
The article presents an update on the cable television industry as of December 2005. DirecTV has agreed to settle a probe into its marketing and advertising practices in the United States. Verizon has introduced FiOS service in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Star, Indovision patch up. Groves, Don // Variety;06/12/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the June 5, 2000 settlement between satellite broadcaster Star TV and Indonesia's Indovision after Star's severance of a programming and management deal with the firm. How the differences between the two companies were resolved; Information on how the conflict started; Impact of the...
- Round 1 Goes to City in Odd Florida Case. Haughsted, Linda // Multichannel News;3/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p28
Reports on the ruling of a federal judge in Florida regarding cable costs for mandatory cable customers of Advanced Cable Communications in the city of Weston. Facts of the case; Information on the agreement of Advanced Cable Communications with developer Arvida Corp. regarding cable...
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p189
No abstract available.