'Wonder Pets' Get Online, Phone Push
- Discovery Toons It Up. Schmuckler, Eric // MediaWeek;4/7/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p5
Reports on the plan of Discovery Kids on NBC to add two animation shows in its programming. Efforts of the cable channel to improve its ratings; Information on the animated shows; Significance of animation to the cable channel's marketing.
- Japan will soon `toon in.' // Christian Science Monitor;6/12/97, Vol. 89 Issue 138, p12
Presents information on Cartoon Network Japan, Japan's first 24-hour cartoon channel. When airing will begin; Features of the channel; Comments made by Mike Byrd, managing director of Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific Incorporated.
- MTV TOONS UP 3 SKEINS. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/23/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 39, p14
Reports on the commitments of MTV to three animated series for the second half of 2002, namely, 'Spiderman,' 'The Freshman' and 'Clone High.' Entities responsible for the production of 'Spiderman'; Creators and executive producers of 'Clone High.'
- Cartoon balloons. McAdams // Broadcasting & Cable;10/04/99, Vol. 129 Issue 41, p36
Reports on the rise of the national ratings of Cartoon Network in the third quarter of 1999. Success of original cartoon program `Johnny Bravo'; Nickleodeon's domination of cable television's top 25 animated programs; Popularity of Cartoon Network's programs to pre-school audience.
- Cartoon Net Goes Bonkers with Promos. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;07/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p15
Focuses on the promotion of animated television shows from Cartoon Network scheduled for the summer of 2000. Giveaways and collectibles for the program `Powerpuff Girls'; Food-related promotion of the network together with advertising sponsors.
- Cartoon 'toons up for '98. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;12/01/97, Vol. 127 Issue 49, p45
States that the Cartoon Network, a cable television network, is bringing back well known strips and original cartoon series and features for 1998. Details on an additional eight animated series due to the acquistions between Cartoon Network and other television networks; Identification of the...
- India toons in 24 hrs. // Daily Variety;04/02/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 24, p14
Reports that Turner Entertainment's Cartoon Network will become a 24-hour service in India.
- The Internet as incubator. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;02/07/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p46
Reports on the decision of the Cartoon Network cable television firm to expand its Web site content as a method to promote upcoming its animated television programs. Introduction of original characters on the site; Inclusion of a plan to create a new lineup of games featuring original and...
- Catchy toons. Kirn, Walter // Vanity Fair;Apr2000, Issue 476, p464
Focuses on the popularity of shows on the Cartoon Network cable television channel. Production of a mix of original animated series; Blending of kineticism with underhanded wit; Description of characters in the shows `Johnny Bravo' and `Space Ghost Coast to Coast'; Success of the show `The...