Indians Channel Makes First Pitch to Systems
- Diverse lineup helps STO weather Indians' slump. Hammond, Joel // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/7/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p3
The article focuses on the diversification of the television program lineup of the SportsTime Ohio (STO) television network. As mentioned, with lackluster ratings and ad sales for the network's games of the baseball team Cleveland Indians, the programming options on STO continue to provide value...
- Stellar seasons score ratings for fox sports. Suttell, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;03/29/99, Vol. 20 Issue 13, pT-23
Focuses on the cable television coverage contract between the Cleveland, Ohio-based Cleveland Indians baseball team and cable television network Fox Sports Ohio, a division of Rainbow Media Holdings. Ratings performance of television coverage of Cleveland Indians games.
- SportsTime Ohio proves a hit for Dolans. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p31
The article addresses the creation of SportsTime Ohio. This cable television network took over the broadcast of Cleveland Indians' games in 2006. The creation of the network may be the financial equivalent of a World Series win for the Dolan family, which has owned the Cleveland Indians since...
- The Tribe Has Spoken: Cox, Indians Make Nice Before Opening Day. // CableFAX Daily;3/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 56, p1
Reports on a deal signed by cable television firm Cox Communications with the Cleveland Indians RSN SportsTime OH. Details of the cable broadcasting agreement; Overview of the re-launching of Cox's anti-sports rights Web sites; Coverage of the television broadcasting of sports deal.
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...
- Cable bases loading up with new sports webs. Richmond, Ray // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p39
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of October 14, 1996. Cable networks' launch of sports news channels; Background on the market for sports news channels; Market observers' comments.
- Ganging up on sports fees. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/13/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 20, p22
Focuses on the impact of increased sports-programming cost on the cable television broadcasting of sports events in the U.S. Reference to the failure of Cablevision Systems to carry Yankees Entertainment & Sports; Subscribers lost by Cablevision due to the conflict; Involvement of ESPN.
- Court TV. Sparrow, David // Tennis;
Reports on the launching of the Tennis Channel cable network.