Wanted: New LAUSD Chief
- Los Angeles Subdivides District as Romer Considers Chief's Job. Richard, Alan // Education Week;04/19/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p6
Reports that the Los Angeles, California school board members are planning to split the Los Angeles school district amid news that former Colorado Governor Roy Romer had expressed interest in the superintendent's job. Details of the planned overhaul of the district's management structure;...
- Los Angeles Superintendent Set to Leave Job This Year. // Education Week;2/22/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p6
The article reports that Roy Romer, the head of the Los Angeles Unified School District in California has told the school board that he wants to leave before his contract expires. Romer told the board in a closed meeting that he would like them to find his replacement by September 2006 or...
- DISD Superintendent Sets Resignation. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p2
Reports on the resignation of Mike Moses, the superintendent of the Dallas Independent School District in Texas. Career history of Moses; Accomplishments of Moses in the school district; Annual salary of Moses.
- A politician goes back to school. Streisand, Betsy // U.S. News & World Report;06/19/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 24, p28
Reports on the trend in the United States of having outsiders such as politicians and lawyers take charge of big and troubled school districts. Example of former Colorado Governor Roy Romer who was appointed superintendent of the Los Angeles Unified School District in 2000; Public opinion about...
- Keller, Tex., School Superintendent Quits Following Dispute. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31788, p4
Reports that the board of directors of the Keller, Texas Independent School District accepted the resignation of superintendent Charles Bradberry. Allegations that Bradberry failed to comply with an open-records request; Investigation of the district's relationship with Mayfield during...
- Romer Raises Stakes In L.A. Charter Fight. Hendrie, Caroline // Education Week;5/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p1
The article focuses on concerns of Superintendent Roy Romer that there will be flood of high schools seeking to break away from the Los Angeles school district. In a closely watched controversy that has been complicated by racial tensions, Romer has raised strong objections to plans by three...
- Superintendents in Columbus, Hartford, And Kansas City Announce Resignations. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;10/17/1990, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on the resignation of superintendents of the school districts in the United States. George F. Garcia, superintendent of the Kansas City schools, has wrote a letter explaining that the school board has violated his contract with the district. Ronald E. Etheridge,...
- L.A. Board Taps Romer For Top Job. Richard, Alan // Education Week;06/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p1
Reports that the Los Angeles school board in California has selected former Governor Roy Romer of Colorado as its superintendent in June 2000. Information on the challenges that will be faced by Romer; Background information on Romer's political career; Criticisms to the board's selection.
- Big city school superintendents are posting high dropout rate. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;6/19/95, Vol. 87 Issue 142, p1
Discusses high rate of resignations from the job of the superintendents of city schools in Washington. Resignation of Ramon Cortines; Average job tenure; Reasons for the trend; War over the control of the school board.