- Municipals Fade as Participants Wait For California Tobacco Deal Pricing. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p2
Reports on the status of the municipal bond market in the United States. Refunding made by Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.; Estimated yield of convertible bonds with a 2010 conversion date; Auction of U.S. government two-year notes; Decision of UBS Financial Services Inc. to re-priced...
- Refundings Spur Far West Volume. Webster, Keeley; Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;8/24/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34365, p1
Far West issuers sold $48.3 billion of municipal bonds in the first half of 2015, a 70% increase from the first six months of 2014 that was driven by refundings.
- Muni Traders Look to New Sales. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;3/24/2015, p21
The article offers an update on municipal bond sales in the U.S. as of March 24, 2015. Data provided shows the prices of Treasury notes, the yield on the 10-year benchmark municipal general obligation (GO) bond and yield on 30-year GO bond in the secondary market. Among the expected bonds to...
- Munis Rise on the Back of Treasuries; Golden State Tobacco Bonds Trade Up. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32185, p2
Reports on the sale of a multi-billion dollar refunding bond by Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp. in the U.S. Impact of such sale on improving the municipal bond market; Rise in municipal bond prices and a decline in yield; Influence of a number of firmer trades with on-the-run bonds on...
- Far West Posts Record Debt Sales in Region Top $80 Billion in 2003. Williams, Rochelle; Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31821, p1
Reports on the record high volume of debt sales reached by the Far West region of the U.S. in 2003. General obligation debt of California issuers; Total sales of tobacco bonds by the Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.; Financial performance of the Los Angeles Unified School District in...
- Teetering California Helps Tip Region Into Record New-Issue Territory. Williams, Rochelle; Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p64
Focuses on the sold general obligation debt in 2003 in the Far West states. Amount of tobacco bonds sold by the Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.; Total bond issues in California; Increase in debt sales of Alaska.
- Far West bond-watch. Marois, Michael B.; Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;12/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30543, p27
Summarizes news briefs about municipal bonds in Far Western states as of December 18, 1998. Includes Governor Tony Knowles' rollout of spending plan for fiscal 2000 in Alaska; Revision by Standard & Poor's of outlook on refunding bonds of Maricopa County Union High School District 214 in...
- Yields Fall 3 to 4 Basis Points; $2.6B Tobacco Offering Priced. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p2
Reports on the trading of tobacco settlement asset-backed bonds by the Golden State Tobacco Securitization in Corp. in California. Flexibility of the exchange rates; Escalation of treasury bonds; Enthusiasm of the traders for rate swap.
- States Seeking Extra Ingredient To Sweeten Tobacco Bond Blends. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31569, p1
Focuses on the sale of bonds by the Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp. Percentage yield on the bonds that were higher than similarly rated bonds; Mutual funds that have been the dominant buyers of tobacco bonds; Multi-billion dollar tobacco bonds issued in 2002.