Tax-Exempt Inflows for Week Hit $311 Million
- Tax-Exempts Lost $2.54 Billion Last Week. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p7
Reports that tax-exempt money market funds experienced an outflow of approximately 2.54 billion dollars for the week ended March 15, 2004 in the United States.
- Turn the Table on Taxes. Bennington, Robert // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;07/12/99, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p17
Answers a question on taxes related to money market funds and mutual funds invested by a parent in behalf of his two minor children in the United States. Taxation on the capital gains of the funds; Need for the account to indicate the investor as conservator and not the beneficiary.
- Why funds don't do better. Updegrave, Walter L. // Money;Aug1995, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p58
Looks at the theoretical reasons why mutual funds fail to outperform market indexes. Practices that are potentially harmful to shareholders; Contradiction between the fund sponsors' pursuit of profits with the shareholders' key interest; Fund executives, consultants and other experts' opinion...
- How to put your fingers on the right index funds. Edgerton, Jerry // Money;Aug1995, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p74
Presents a rundown of the top index stock funds by category based on performance figures to June 1, 1995. S&P 500 index funds: S&P 400 index funds; Enhanced index funds.
- A lot of cash and little supply have put a crimp in note market. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;06/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30660, p12
Reports on trends in money market fund flows in the United States, as of June 8, 1999. Market supply; Market yields; Approaches of portfolio managers in investing in money market funds; Reinvestment opportunities.
- The new way to make more money in funds. Fried, Carla; Wade, Chriss // Money;Aug1995, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p68
Presents advice on how to make more money in funds. Advantages of investing on reliable index funds and actively managed funds; Creation of a portfolio of index funds and managed funds; Diversification of stock funds.
- Tax-Free Yield Rises 12 Basis Points as Assets Slip. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32404, p7
The article reports on the status of tax-free money market funds in the U.S. The fund's average yield rebounded during the period June 12-18, 2006, rising 12 basis points to 2.85 percent on an annualized basis. This increase followed a decline of 13 basis points the previous week. Meanwhile,...
- Assets Rise $1.44 Million to $348.5 Billion. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32370, p7
The article reports on the increase of assets in tax-free money market funds from $144 million to $348.5 billion in the U.S. Retail funds suffered a net flow of $3.25 billion compared with other institutional funds. The funds' average yield rose 24 basis points to 2.99% on an annualized basis.
- Institutions Flock to Safety of Money Funds. // Money Management Executive;1/5/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the $3.808 trillion worth of total assets of money market mutual funds in December 23, 2008 based on the data of the Investment Company Institute in the U.S. Furthermore, taxable assets rose by $36.49 billion to $2.342 trillion while tax-exempt fund assets dropped to $342...