Karpus Settles Proxy Battle in Citigroup-Legg Mason Case
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;7/24/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32925, p2
Corrections to the articles about a Nebraska court ruling on prepaid gas transactions and on the profile of municipal bond pricing and evaluation services are presented.
- Calif. tax case and L.A.'s DOT lawsuit on Justices' docket. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30738, p5
Reports on the cases `Kimel vs. Florida Board of Regents' and `Vermont Agency of Natural Resources vs. Us., ex rel Stevens' in the United States. Details of the municipal bond cases; Challenge to California's franchise tax.
- ALABAMA: JeffCo Trio Seek Trial Delay. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/23/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33154, p9
The article reports on a second delay of a trial seeking by the three men indicted in a Jefferson County, Alabama sewer bond pay-to-play criminal case. They asked for the second delay because the case is complex and they have not had time to sift through all the discovery evidence. The trial is...
- New Lawsuit Alleges Little Rock Funds Diverted for Clinton Park. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p24
Reports on Little Rock, Arkansas citizen Nora Harris' filing of a second lawsuit alleging that Little Rock illegally issued bonds to pay for the Clinton Presidential Park. Case background; Failure of the first lawsuit filed by Harris.
- California School Bond Program Unfair, Civil Rights Groups Charge. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30861, p3
Reports that civil rights groups sued California to stop the distribution of funds from the school bond measure approved by voters in 1998. Claims that the allocation of funds is discriminatory against minority children; Filing of the lawsuit in behalf of a group of inner-city students and parents.
- Illinois Hospital Suit Won't Be Heard Until February. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/18/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30139, p4
Reports on developments pertaining to the lawsuit filed by Wood River Township, Illinois, that seeks to halt repayment of bonds issued for a hospital and recoup taxpayer funds already paid to investors. Scheduled hearing of the case on February 2001; Appearance of the parties involved in the...
- Courts Side With Wisconsin Regulator in Ambac Effort. McGee, Patrick // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/4/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 21, p11
The article discusses a court case wherein the plaintiff's motion was denied seeking to stay at the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance from allowing it to settle credit default swap claims owed to major banks.
- Davis Case's Impact Could Be Felt Most in N.Y., California. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/6/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32685, p1
The article reports on the impact of the high court's ruling to uphold the lower court's decision concerning the Kentucky versus Davis Supreme Court case towards the municipal bond market in New York and California. States with high income taxes and frequent issuers could encounter major changes...
- CA INC. V. AFSCME EMPLOYEE RET. BENEFIT PLAN. Reed, John L. // Directors & Boards;2009 2nd Quarter Supplement, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p63
The article discusses a court case wherein the AFSCME proposed a bylaw for inclusion in CA Inc.'s bylaws. It states that the proposed bylaw requires CA Inc. to reimburse stockholders for expenses incurred concerning a successful proxy solicitation contest. The U.S. Securities and Exchange...