Housing Starts Surge; Permits Also Way Up
- Residential permits rise slightly in 1999, although pace slows. Delano, Daryl // Contractor Magazine;Apr2000, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the increase in residential permits issued in the United States in 1999. Comparison between the permits issued in 1997 and 1998; Regions that emerged as the healthiest growth markets for residential construction; Top two areas in terms of sheer volume of residential construction.
- Housing Starts Fall 10.8% To 510,000 in March. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/17/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 15, p12
The article reports on the 10.8% to 510,000 decrease of the residential construction in the U.S. in March 2009. It states that the decrease denotes the dismal outlook of housing permits which decline 9.0% to 513,000. Moreover, estimation from the U.S. Department of Commerce on new housing...
- Unemployment Falls, Home Building Improves. // California Economic Indicators;
The article presents the economic performance of California from May to June 2013. The state experienced a decline of unemployment rate of 17,000 in June 2013 while the real estate sector rose intermittently. Moreover, home building continued to rose month-to-month while the issuance of...
- Permitted rights removal held inessential. // Planning (14672073);2/8/2008, Issue 1755, p23
The article focuses on the conditions implemented on the planning permission for the construction of a house in the Cheshire green belt in Connecticut. The first condition stated that the residential curtilage should be limited by reference to a defined plan. Another is to remove all permitted...
- Housing Starts, Permits Down Vs. Last Year. Mazurkiewicz, Greg // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/13/2000, Vol. 211 Issue 11, p21
Presents figures on house construction and building permit demands in the United States as of November 2000. Adjustment of the annual rate of construction and permits; Percentages of decline from 1999 figures; Data on the number of built housing units and permit authorizations.
- Homes sprout from farmland. Schabath, Gene // Crain's Detroit Business;7/15/96, Vol. 12 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the boom in home construction in central Macomb County in Michigan. Leader in single-family building permits for the first quarter of 1996 among eight countries in Michigan; Banking boom; Bargain for home buyers. INSET: St. John expansion reflects township growth..
- New-home market continues its feverish pace. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;6/7/2002, p4
Reports on the value of residential building permits in Canada as of June 7, 2002. Dichotomy between the performance in residential and non-residential sectors; Relation of the strength in the level of employment to the record for construction intentions in the residential sector; Value of...
- Housing Starts Fall 10%; Permits See 5.9% Slump. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;6/17/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33335, p2
The article explores the performance of home construction in the U.S. which shows the decline of the housing starts by 10% and building permits by 5.9%.
- Briefly... // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Nov2001, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p18
Reports the anticipated decline of house construction in California. Accounts on the number of building permits issued; Concerns over further decline in 2002.