GO Zone Priorities Questioned
- Proposed $1.2B teaching hospital stirs opposition. Webster, Richard A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/14/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p6
The article reports on the refusal of opposition legislators to the propose $1.2 billion teaching hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana. According to Senator David Vitter that he was concerned on the rush of the state to rebuild a big Charity Hospital without redesigning and improving its health...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p34
Presents an overview of various laws and legislation related to bond market in the U.S. Provisions of U.S. President George W. Bush's economic stimulus plan; Developments related to America's Better Classrooms Act of 2003; Provisions of National Defense Rail Act.
- Lawmaker's Bill Would Ease Advance-Refunding Limits. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p4
Reports on a possible legislation on a Senate bill in the U.S. Senate as of February 2003, that could ease advance-refunding restrictions related to bonds, allowing states and local governments to take advantage of low interest rates. Details of the bill; Person who introduced the legislation...
- Bill Would Expand IDB Financings, Allow Bank Deductibility on Issues. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p5
Reports on the introduction of a tax legislation in the U.S. House as of February 2003, that would allow more facilities to be financed with industrial development bonds and apply bank deductibility to such bonds on a limited basis. Provisions of the bill; Person who introduced the bill; Impact...
- In West Virginia, Two Bond Bills Move Forward. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p4
Reports on the approval of two bond-related proposals by West Viginia's House Finance Committee on February 26, 2003. Provisions of the proposals; Estimated outlay of the proposals; Last day of the legislature's regular session.
- Bill Could Give Harris Country, Tex., Role in Galveston Bridge. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31594, p7
Reports on a legislative bill to give commissioners of Harris County, Texas the authority to issue bonds secured by a number of revenue sources. Provisions under the bill; Implications of the approval of the bill for the county; Senator who introduced the bill.
- West Virginia's Pension Plan Gets New Lease on Life With Resolution. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31801, p32
Analyzes the impact of a resolution passed by West Virginia-based lawmakers on the sale of pension bonds. Factors that led the administration to revive the proposal; Likely interest rate on sale according to lead underwriter; Significance of the bond sale for the state.
- Oregon Bill For $400M In Bonds Set. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p1
Reports on the decision of Oregon governor John Kitzhaber to sign a bill that authorizes sale of bonds for road improvements. Sponsor of the bill; Information regarding date of issue of bills; Disapproval to the proposal of increasing gas taxes to fund transportation projects.
- State Senate Passes Bill Authorizing Up to $6 Billion in Transport Debt. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p5
Reports that the Virginia Senate has approved legislation authorizing the issuance of up to $6 billion in bonds for transportation projects in the eastern part of the state. Significance of the bill for state voters; Provision in the bill related to the utilization of revenues from the bonds;...