GO Zone Priorities Questioned
- Proposed $1.2B teaching hospital stirs opposition. Webster, Richard A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/14/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p6
The article reports on the refusal of opposition legislators to the propose $1.2 billion teaching hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana. According to Senator David Vitter that he was concerned on the rush of the state to rebuild a big Charity Hospital without redesigning and improving its health...
- Lawmaker's Bill Would Ease Advance-Refunding Limits. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p4
Reports on a possible legislation on a Senate bill in the U.S. Senate as of February 2003, that could ease advance-refunding restrictions related to bonds, allowing states and local governments to take advantage of low interest rates. Details of the bill; Person who introduced the legislation...
- Deadline Met, Utah Lawmakers Balance Budget, OK Bond Plans. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31340, p3
Reports on the efforts of lawmakers in Utah for balancing the budget for the year 2002. Approval of budget for 2003; Addition of general obligation bonds for the payment of capital projects; Bonds approved by the lawmakers; Plans to sell light-rail line to private investors for tax benefits.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;12/13/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32028, p4
Presents a chart depicting the approved bond buyer legislative bills in Washington.
- Council allows for bond sale to pay for city's parking lots. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p7
Reports the approval of the legislation allowing the sale of the Taxable Urban Renewal Refunding Bonds by the Cleveland City Council in Ohio. Costs of the bonds; Use of funds in purchasing two parking lots; Views of the members of the City Council on the selling of the bonds.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p34
Presents an overview of various laws and legislation related to bond market in the U.S. Provisions of U.S. President George W. Bush's economic stimulus plan; Developments related to America's Better Classrooms Act of 2003; Provisions of National Defense Rail Act.
- Bill Would Expand IDB Financings, Allow Bank Deductibility on Issues. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p5
Reports on the introduction of a tax legislation in the U.S. House as of February 2003, that would allow more facilities to be financed with industrial development bonds and apply bank deductibility to such bonds on a limited basis. Provisions of the bill; Person who introduced the bill; Impact...
- In West Virginia, Two Bond Bills Move Forward. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p4
Reports on the approval of two bond-related proposals by West Viginia's House Finance Committee on February 26, 2003. Provisions of the proposals; Estimated outlay of the proposals; Last day of the legislature's regular session.
- Bill Could Give Harris Country, Tex., Role in Galveston Bridge. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31594, p7
Reports on a legislative bill to give commissioners of Harris County, Texas the authority to issue bonds secured by a number of revenue sources. Provisions under the bill; Implications of the approval of the bill for the county; Senator who introduced the bill.