SECURITIES IN REGISTRATION: EQUITY
- SEC comes out with guidelines on foreign Net deals. Weisul, Kimberly // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/30/98, Vol. 64 Issue 13, p7
Reports that the United States (U.S.) Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) issued guidelines to help foreign issuers publicize securities offerings on the Internet, without having trouble with United States law. Comments from Meredith Cross, a partner at Wilmer, Cutler and Pickering in...
- Partial Rescission Offers. Rowe, Michelle // Journal of Corporation Law;Spring87, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p409
Analyzes the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's position on partial rescission offers. Declaration of effective registration statements governing offers in which adequacy of funds in the event all offerees accepted the offer was uncertain; Prerequisite of adequate funding.
- SECURITIES IN REGISTRATION: DEBT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/20/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p47
The article presents a debt list of planned new offerings that have been registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission including Human Genome Sciences, Superior Energy Services, UnitedHealth Group, Boston Private Financial Holdings and Prudential Financial.
- SEC GRANTS RELIEF FOR REPRICED STOCK OPTIONS. Bachman, Helen; Illiano, Gary // CPA Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p74
Focuses on an exemptive order issued by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) which allows issuers to make stock option exchange offers without extending tender offers to all security holders of a class at the same price. Structure of the exchange offers; Requirements for...
- SEC Changes May Spur Hostile Stock Tenders. Martinez, Matthew // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p11
States that the number of hostile tender offers using stock will increase if the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) eliminates the time lag between when stock and cash tenders can begin. Details on the claims of a merger and acquisition lawyer; Proposal of the SEC.
- SEC Adopts New Integration Rule. // SCOR Report;Mar2001, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the adoption of the nonintegration provisions for securities offering by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission on March 7, 2001. Nature of integration doctrine; Provisions on private offering and public offering of securities; Amendments to the provisions.
- Securities and Exchange Commission: Commission Guidance and Revisions to the Cross-Border Tender Offer, Exchange Offer, Rghts Offerings, andBusiness Combinaton Rules and Benefcial Ownership Reportng Rules for Certain Foreign Institutions. Cramer, Robert J. // GAO Reports;10/24/2008, p1
The article focuses on a report on a major rule promulgated by the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC). The report is aimed at issues such as Commission guidance and revisions to the cross-border tender offer, exchange offer, rights offerings, and business combination rules and...
- SEC RELEASES ARS GUIDANCE. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/17/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32837, p1
The article reports on the release of an anticipated guidance by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that will allow issuers to bid on their auction-rate securities. It allows issuers to bid without running afoul of the law if certain conditions are met, and such bidding is allowed by...
- Auction Agents Pay SEC $1.6M. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/10/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32545, p1
The article reports that three auction agents in an auction-rate securities market have paid a total of $1.6 million to settle the charges with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The commission accused that agents that they accepted broker-dealer bids after deadlines and allowed...