- After LTCM jolt, regulators focus on derivatives. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/05/98, Vol. 64 Issue 40, p6
Focuses on the plans of regulators in the United States to monitor the over-the-counter derivatives market, due to the bailout of the Long Term Capital Management hedge fund. In-depth look at the performance of the unregulated hedge fund industry; Speculation as to whether the industry would be...
- LTCM may Exacerbate a Schism Among OTC Derivatives Dealers. Wipperfurth, Heike // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/05/98, Vol. 64 Issue 40, p16
Questions the impact which the near collapse of the Long Term Capital Management (LTCM) hedge fund had on over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives dealers in the United States. Speculation on the performance of the LTCM without OTC and listed derivatives; Comments from Christopher Culp, director of...
- INVESTMENT VIEW. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;10/30/2003, p32
Focuses on the risks associated with derivatives and hedge funds as forms of investments. Reason behind investment experts' warning against the use of derivatives other alternative investment forms; Factors to consider in derivatives investment.
- Is everything too big to fail? Mayer, Martin // International Economy;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on non-deliverable forward investments, derivative instruments that derive their value from changes in the price of other financial instruments. Background on non-deliverable forwards on Russian ruble-denominated Treasury bills; Lessons that can be learned from the failure of the Long...
- Editorial. Satchell, Stephen // Journal of Derivatives & Hedge Funds;Aug2011, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p85
The article discusses reports within the August 2011 issue of the "Journal of Derivatives & Hedge Funds," including one about the use of cointegration to build currency overlays and strategies, another which offers an Islamic perspective on the use of derivatives in emerging markets and a paper...
- Derivados. Millán Aguilar, Adolfo // Revista Contable;mar2014, Issue 20, p106
No abstract available.
- Doing Something About Weather. Panko, Ron // Best's Review;Apr2006, Vol. 106 Issue 12, p88
The article focuses on the control of financial risk of companies by using weather derivatives in the United States. Sales have really increase due to trading on a mercantile exchange. Financial instruments that hedge weather risks have increased sales of weather derivatives in 2005. Weather...
- The good and the bad of speculation. Griekspoor, P. J. // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);May2011, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p49
The article focuses on the varied views of several financial experts regarding the role played by derivatives and hedge funds in the agriculture market in the U.S.
- Hedging where the sun don't shine. Van Zyl, Johann // Finance Week;5/19/2003, p65
Reports on the financial benefits from derivative securities in South Africa. Development of the weather hedging industry; Introduction of a wind-hedging product; Advantages of cash flow management with weather hedging. INSET: Weather hedging â€” how it works..