Merrill Opts For 'Open Architecture'
- Merrill Presses Funds To Pay Higher Fees. Garrity, Mike; Horowitz, Jed // On Wall Street;Apr99, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p68
Reports that Merril Lynch & Co. is renegotiating contracts with mutual fund companies whose products it distributes. Details on the standardization of fund charges; Expenses associated with selling funds and enhanced distribution capacity; Views of fund executives on the renegotiation.
- Merrill Rolls Out New Recruiting Deals. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Sep2003, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p17
Reports on a recruiting plan launched by Merrill Lynch in the U.S. in September 2003. Features of the plan; Benefits of the plan to transferring brokers; Views of recruiters on the plan; Challenges facing Merrill Lynch in relation to the plan.
- Merrill first to trade one billion shares in one month. Wirth, Greg // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/17/97, Vol. 63 Issue 46, p9
Reports that Merrill Lynch became the first brokerage firm in history to trade more than one billion shares in month as per data from Autex's BlockData Service. Volatility of trading in October 1997 when the record was set; Factors which helped Merrill in setting the record.
- Merrill sees record profits for some big broker-dealers. Kleege, Stephen // American Banker;6/1/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 102, p33
Reports that some securities broker-dealers could post strong earnings for the second quarter according to a report from Merrill Lynch and Company. Details on the report; Comments from analysts Judah S. Kraushaar and Amy S. Butte; Identification of brokers whose earnings have been raised by...
- Merrill May Pinch $100,000 Accounts. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Dec2000, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p14
Announces the plan of Merrill Lynch to encourage its brokers to concentrate on clients with account at the firm. Intention of Merrill Lynch to improve the quality of advice given by its financial consultants to clients; Advantage of Merrill's plan to brokers.
- Merrill Lynch mutual fund assets drop 6% in 1998. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;02/08/99, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p6
Points out the significant decline in the long-term mutual fund assets of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in 1998. Poor performance in a number of flagship mutual funds; Out-of-favor value investing bias; Growth of global institutional assets; Total growth of long-term mutual fund assets across the...
- Merrill to launch a new family of 17 mutual funds in Japan. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/22/98, Vol. 64 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the 17 mutual funds to be launched by the Merrill Lynch company in Japan as reported on June 22, 1998. Circumstances surrounding the launch of the funds; Who will manage the funds; Information on asset management; Reference to the acquisition of 33 retail branches of the Yamaichi...
- Merrill offers outside funds. // Pensions & Investments;7/7/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p46
Reports on July 7th, 1997, that Merrill Lynch Group Employee Services' bundled 401(k) program for small companies has started offering outside mutual funds to is bundled clients. Number of mutual funds to be offered; Companies which will offer the outside mutual funds.
- Our Mistake, Our Gain. Tunick, Britt // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/13/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the practice of investment company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. of not giving the benefit of the doubt to mutual fund investors. Loss of investor information from database; Practices adopted by other investment companies.