WEF Facing Critical Issues
- Forum Announces Moves to Grow India-US ties. // India -- West;10/7/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 46, pA36
The article presents information on the U.S.-India CEO Forum which refers to several recommendations to bolster the economic relations between India and the U.S.
- Slovaks chuffed with Davos. Holt, Ed // Slovak Spectator;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p1
Criticizes the statements made by Slovakia Prime Minister Mikulas Dzurinda about the outcome of the economic forum at Davos resort in Switzerland. Discussion on the alleged interest of Deutsche Bank of Germany to purchase the state-owned Slovak bank Vseobecna uverova banka; Remarks about the...
- CZECH-ASIAN TRADE FORUM. // Czech Business & Trade;2008, Issue 05/06, p9
The article provides information on the Czech-Asian Trade Forum held in Prague, Czech Republic. It aims to maintain growing commercial and economic relations between the Czech Republic and Asian states. The memorandum of understanding is signed between the Foreign Investment and Foreign Trade...
- Palestinian-Israeli Roundtable Reports Impasse on Joint Economic Rules and Projects. Kelley, Elaine // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p69
Reports on the holding of the Israel/Palestine Center for Research and Information forum. Economic relations between Israel and Palestine and Jordan and Palestine; Palestinians' and Israelis' import policy; Implementation of protocol in customs and trade.
- Notes From Davos. Mullin, Tracy // Chain Store Age;Apr2000, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p30
Presents information on the activities at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland in January 2000. Topics discussed in the sessions; Suggestion of Masayoshi Son of Softbank to companies; Underlying theme of every discussion.
- Science, technology and poverty. Morehouse, Ward; Sigurdson, Jon // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Dec1977, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p21
The article reports on issues underlying the 1979 United Nations Conference on Science and Technology for Development. The U.N. Committee on Science and Technology for Development(CSTD) proposed resolution with objectives such as the adoption of concrete decisions on ways and means of applying...
- Second annual U.S.-Japan economic forum. // NBER Reporter;Spring92, p14
Summarizes the proceedings of the second annual U.S.-Japan Economic Forum on February 13-14, 1997. Proposals to ignore the nationality of companies; Comparison of government-corporate relationships in Japan with those in the United States; Speculation that American companies can still enter the...
- The Dudes from Davos and the Eurameriyen. Walker, Lewis J. // Journal of Financial Planning;May99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p40
This article focuses on the economic issues discussed in the annual World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland in January 1999. The ideas floated at the annual World Economic Forum provide thought-provoking clues to global economic policy in the early 21st century. For financial planners and...
- Nice Theories, Sad Realities. Cavanagh, John; Anderson, Sarah // Foreign Policy;Sep/Oct2002, Issue 132, p62
Responds to Jaime Serra and J. Enrique Espinosa, who criticized the authors' assessment of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Topics of investor protections, trade liberalization and environmental protection, and tariffs on U.S. corn imports to Mexico; Idea that the disappointing...