- Deck a SPECK! Brown, David A. // Salt Water Sportsman;Oct2002, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p112
Describes the Anclote River in Florida that offers a wide range of trout habitat that hold lots of big fish throughout the year.
- florida's Apalachicola. Atwill, Lionel // Field & Stream;Sep2000, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p59
Features the Apalachiola River in Florida.
- Cowabunga! Serratore, P. // Boating;Jun94, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p144
Reports on the marine attractions offered by Florida's Crystal River. Presence of manatees in the winter.
- St. Johns River, Florida. Swanson, Peter // MotorBoating;Oct2008, Vol. 201 Issue 9, p36
The article offers information about the 60-mile section of Saint Johns river in Florida that extends from Jacksonville to Palatka. This stretch is fit for either a four-day weekend or longer exploration. The popular dining and entertainment complex offers free side-tie to its floating docks for...
- Florida's Santa Fe River. Malloy, R.J. // Outdoor Life;Sep96, Vol. 198 Issue 3, p36
Describes the Santa Fe River as a venue for bass fishing in Florida. River's features; Surface lures as the best producer; Tips on bass fishing; Camping and lodging provisions.
- MAN MEETS MANATEE. // Current Science;9/8/2000, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p2
Focuses on manatees in the Crystal River on the west coast of Florida.
- Midwest floodwater found in Atlantic Ocean. // Current Science;12/10/93, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the discovery of a river of fresh water from the floods in the Midwest off the coast of Florida. Finding of the 16-kilometer-wide river by oceanographers; Flow of water from the Mississippi River across the gulf of Mexico; Changes produced along the south; Need for fishing crews to...
- FISHING SPOTS. LEVINE, CHARLIE // Florida Travel & Life;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p33
The article describes some of the best fishing spots in Florida, which include the Crystal River, Hillsboro Inlet, and the Islamorado.
- News from the Shop. Lucas, Dave // Ash Breeze;Winter2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p17
The author reflects on shop updates and the condition of River Ocklawaha. He notes that the River Ocklawaha was damaged by the cross Florida barge canal project that was abandoned in the 1970s. He cites that Ocklawaha has deteriorated into a stream as actions to get rid of the dam and lake have...