- More on The World is Flat. Boccuzzi, John S. // District Administration;Apr2006, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Reading Fads" in the December 2005 issue.
- The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century. Wells, Twyla R. // Magill Book Reviews;
Thomas Friedman's treatise on how a round world becomes "flat" through global communications and mutually dependent economies.
- Why round worlds and Ricci flows are good news. Johnson, Johna Till // Network World;8/21/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p25
The article presents information on the role of communications technology to boost the global economy. The technology is bringing faraway places close together. A bestseller titled "The World is Flat" has been published by Thomas Friedman, New York Times columnist. Friedman wanted to articulate...
- REQUIRED READING. // Advertising Age;5/1/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 18, Special page p5
Provides information on books influencing how marketing leaders think about their business. "The World Is Flat," by Thomas L. Friedman; "Get a Grip," by Al Horner; "Pirate," by Ted Bell.
- What is the most meaningful book you have read recently? // Community Banker;Jul2007, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p28
The article presents the books that some U.S. bankers think as the most meaningful they have read. For Larry Brandt, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of First Federal Bank, the most meaningful book that he has read continues to be the Bible, while Carolyn Mroz, president and CEO of...
- MAKING MORE Time FOR EFFECTIVE FINANCIAL ANALYSIS. Spiech, Steve // Strategic Finance;Jun2008, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p45
The article focuses on time management for the financial services professional. Examples show how decisions can be made quickly with less information, how the Time-Spent Analysis spreadsheet can be more effective, how materiality relates to changing one's behavior, and how to make a top-down...
- The Flat Earth Policy. Ratnesar, Romesh // Time International (South Pacific Edition);5/30/2005, Issue 21, p74
The article reviews the book "The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century," by Thomas Friedman.
- The Flat Earth Policy. Ratnesar, Romesh // Time;4/18/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 16, p153
Reviews the book "The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century," by Thomas Friedman.
- HOW 'FLAT' IS YOUR WORLD? Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;Jan2006, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p11
The article features the book "The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century," by three-times Pulitzer Prize winner and columnist Michael Freedman. He integrated the factors that put into clear perspective the modern state of globalization and its impact on businesses that...