Google Enlists Army Of Bloggers To Defend Book Search
- Google Offers Public-Domain Books. // Information Management Journal;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that Internet search engine Google Inc. has begun offering public domain books and documents online as of January 2006. The list of public domain works include novels by author Henry James, U.S. civil war history, Congressional acts and biographies of wealthy New York...
- TIP: MONITOR YOUR ORGANIZATION FOR FREE. // Nonprofit World Funding Alert;Feb2007, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p14
The article reports that Google Inc. offers Google Alerts, emails that are automatically sent to one's organization when there are new Google results for search terms. Using the free service, organizations can track articles, blogs, and news feeds containing their name or information on a...
- Headlines do hackers' dirty work. Hines, Matt // eWeek;10/13/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p4
The article reports on the trend of computer hackers to use Google's Trend Labs to tap headlines unto their blogs and use key words found in the search engine to create threats to the public in the U.S. According to the article, researchers have also found that the course toward phony blogging...
- How to monitor the blogosphere. Gillin, Paul // B to B;1/16/2006, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p17
The article focuses on websites that provide information about various Internet blogs. With more than 20 million Weblogs already online and another 10,000 being launched each day, the challenge of keeping up with all the chatter is mind-boggling. But new tools are emerging almost daily that can...
- Managing Your Online Image. White, Amanda // Classical Singer;Sep2011, Vol. 24 Issue 6/7/8, p20
The article focuses on the management of online image, considering the information available in the Internet. It discusses the Internet search results such as through Google Inc., which may affect online image, with particular focus on search engine optimization to make sure that the name or...
- Use savvy searching to track Web presence. Altom, Tim // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p30A
The article presents the author's view on the efficiency of using Google Inc. when searching for a person that has many same names since it has only one search engine.
- Search challengers square up for battle. Davidson, Darren // Revolution (14605953);Sep2008, p30
The article highlights the battle of Internet search engines, where Google dominates over several search engines including Yahoo! and MSN. ComScore revealed that Google's share of total searches in Great Britain rose by 1.8 percent in the first half of 2008 and has been strengthened by the...
- Google Scholar. // Nursing Standard;7/14/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p48
A quiz concerning the use of the Internet search engine Google Scholar is presented.
- Smaller brands could be hit by personalised search, say SEO agency experts. Cooper, Will // New Media Age;12/10/2009, p4
This article reports on the possibility that the expansion by Google of its personalised search results could skew rankings in favour of bigger brands and make it more difficult to monitor search engine optimization activity, according to leading British search marketers.