Andrews McMeel Expanding Calendar Business In U.K
- Day by Days. // Publishers Weekly;4/10/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 15, p28
The article reports that though wall calendars and desk diaries remain the mainstay of the publishing business, publishers are bringing increasingly imaginative and interactive titles and formats to the marketplace. It describes the At Ease: Navy Men of World War II from Abrams. It reveals two...
- Publishers Getting the Last Laugh with Humor Books. // Book Publishing Report;10/20/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p3
Reports on the release of various books with humorous stories in the U.S. Top post of the publisher Random House in the 'New York Times' bestseller; Success of the Andrew McMeel Publishing; Feedback from the publishers on the success of the books. INSET: Simba's Hot Picks: Forthcoming Humor...
- Andrews McMeel Releases Princess Diana Book; People Running Serial. // Book Publishing Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p3
Reports that Andrews McMeel Publishing has released â€œDiana, the Portrait,â€ a book written by British journalist Rosalind Coward in the U.S. Book serial publishing in the February 2005 issue of â€œLadies' Home Journalâ€; Assertion of director of publicity Rebecca Murray that...
- TOM THORNTON WILL LEAVE STAMP ON AMP. Astor, Dave // Editor & Publisher;Mar2005, Vol. 138 Issue 3, p65
Focuses on the retirement of Tom Thorton as president and CEO of Andrews McMeel Publishing at the end of 2005. Reason for the retirement of Thorton; Career background; Contributions of Thorton to the company.
- Troll Moving Distribution to AMP. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/1/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 18, p16
Reports that Troll Communications has reached an agreement with Andrews McMeel Publishing (AMP) for AMP to be Troll's exclusive distributor to the trade market. Terms and effectivity of the agreement; What Troll is known for.
- AMP Gets Geddes; Cedco Takes Harry. Milliot, Jim; Farmanfarmaian, Roxane // Publishers Weekly;10/23/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 43, p12
Reports that Andrews McMeel Publishing will become the North American copublisher for books and calendars created by Anne Geddes. Estimated number of copies of Geddes' books that have been sold worldwide since 1994; Licensing rights won by Cedco Publishing, Geddes' distributor in the United States.
- Stark Books Due From AMP. // Publishers Weekly;1/3/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p24
Reports that Andrew McMeel Publishing will debut an imprint in spring 2000 which will be headed by its former vice president of sales and marketing, Allan Stark. Topics to be focused on at Stark Books; Career and professional background of Stark; List of Stark books to released in the spring of...
- Keeping Time. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jun2000, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p100
Presents several designs of wall calendars. Editorial-style calendar from The Ink Group; Ansel Adams 2001 calendar from Time Warner Trade Publishing company; Smithsonian 2001 America's Treasures from Andrews McMeel company.
- Andrews McMeel Will Stay Course Through Thornton Retirement. // Book Publishing Report;2/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the resignation of Thomas Thornton as CEO of Andrews McMeel Publishing in the U.S. Career background; Top seller books of the company; Estimated 2004 revenues.