Bowker Stat-of-the-Week: Gun Safety
- Metaphor of the Week. // Time;8/10/1953, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p44
The article shares "Toledo Blade" publisher Paul Block Jr.'s views about atomic weapons secrecy.
- Stressing the importance of good mental health. // Works Management;Jul2001, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p9
Reports the publication of the guide on preventing work-related stress by the Health and Safety Executive in Great Britain. Identification of people at risk of developing work-related stress; Context of the book; Production of management standards for measuring employee performance.
- Book Corner. // American Journal of Public Health;Jul1989, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p926
The article presents a list of published books classified and cross classified by subject matter. The list includes "Highway Safety and the 65 MPH Maximum Speed Limit: An Empirical Study," by Patrick S. McCarthy, "Transient Criminality: A Model of Stressed-Induced Crime," by Anthony R. Mawson,...
- Pageviews trump professional responsibility in White Plains, N.Y. K. A. // Editor & Publisher;Feb2013, Vol. 146 Issue 2, p4
The author discusses "The Journal News" online map of every gun permit issued in Westchester and Rockland counties of New York as a successful attempt to boost pageviews. The author notes that the information in the database is public record and the newspaper has a constitutionally protected...
- Kill, kill, keep, kill! Metsky, Peter // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Mar1999, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p32
Explains the `Approach' magazine's publishing policy regarding the publication of personal articles on aviation safety. Articles that get immediate attention; Percentage of submissions that the magazine eventually publish.
- Playground safety materials. // Child Health Alert;Apr98, Vol. 16, p2
Provides information on Northern Iowa-based National Program for Playground Safety. List of playground safety materials of the group; Videos being offered by the group; Information on the National Playground Safety Day.
- THE NATIONAL SAFETY COUNCIL. // Waste News;05/04/98, Vol. 3 Issue 51, p16
Reports that the National Safety Council of United States has formed a publishing wing, NSC Press. List of topics published by the Council; Production of a safety and health magazine on the disc entitled 'e.NSC.'; Contact address for further information.
- Appendix. // Chinese Economy;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p88
Describes the struggle of getting a book about the Chinese economy published. Completion of the manuscript at the end of August 1996; Major contributions of the book according to Shi Xiaomin, deputy secretary of the Chinese Economic System Reform Research Institute; Moral judgments and concerns...
- Spotlight on Learning Alternatives Books. // Paths of Learning;Autumn2003, Issue 18, p38
No abstract available.