Senate Panel Leaders Vow to Resist Bush Plan to Cut EPA Wastewater Grants
- Bodine to head EPA solid waste. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;1/2/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Senate has confirmed the nomination of Susan Bodine as the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) new assistant administrator for the Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response. President George W. Bush nominated Bodine on June 28, 2005, and the Senate...
- Tort reform deserved more. // Business Insurance;1/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p8
Buried amid other issues, U.S. President George W. Bush's call for tort reform in last week's State of the Union address may have seemed fine as far as it went. Unfortunately, it didn't go nearly far enough. The U.S. Senate appears poised to deal with at least two â€” and possibly three...
- Additional Protocol to the Non-Proliferation Treaty. Bush, George W. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;May/Jun2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p6
Presents an excerpt from the communication of U.S. President George W. Bush to the U.S. Senate in Washington, D.C. on May 9, 2002 regarding additional protocol to the non-proliferation treaty.
- Nominations Submitted to the Senate. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/20/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p1022
Presents a list of nominations for office from U.S. President George W. Bush submitted to the Senate for the week ending July 16, 2005.
- Nominations Submitted to the Senate. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/29/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 34, p1307
States that no nominations by U.S. President George W. Bush were submitted to the Senate as of August 29, 2005.
- Bush Open to One-Year Highway Bill. Goode, Darren; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;9/11/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p2727
Reports on the plan of U.S. President George W. Bush for a one-year extension of the surface transportation law. Amount of transportation bill approved by the U.S. Senate in February 2004; Expiration date of the current highway law in the country.
- IDOL TIME EDITION. // Newsweek;6/6/2005, Vol. 145 Issue 23, p8
Presents comments on several items in the news. How John McCain was able to gain control of the U.S. Senate; How U.S. President George W. Bush pledged millions of dollars in aid to Palestinian leader Abbas.
- Talking Up Iraq at Home…. Allen, Mike; Calabresi, Massimo // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/12/2005, Issue 49, p14
The article reports that the U.S. White House Office is preparing several events to highlight that President George W. Bush knows what he is doing in Iraq and to define achievable terms for victory in Iraq. At the Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland, Bush gave the first of four big speeches...
- Bush's "Rain Man". Cooper, Matthew // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/18/2004, Issue 41, p44
The article reports that Ken Mehlman, campaign manager for U.S. President George W. Bush, would be appointed as the head of the White House political office if Bush is reelected. Mehlman has built a half-a-billion-dollar company in a year and a half for the campaign. The company has 7 million...