Missouri Loan Agency Slapped With Suit
- Mo. sues to clean up rural e-waste dumpsite. Truini, Joe // Waste News;7/17/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p13
The article reports that Missouri's attorney general Jay Nixon has filed a lawsuit to clean up a rural site where thousands of computer monitors are illegally dumped. The lawsuit names property owners Robert Sooter and Jon Roberts, who now operate the recycling business at the site, which is...
- States demand One Call answers. O'Malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p1A
The article reports that Indiana-based One Call Communications Inc. has been accused by Iowa and Missouri regulators of putting bogus charges on phone bills and then harassing people to pay. Missouri Attorney General Jay Nixon has field a lawsuit alleging One Call Communications to violate state...
- Lost Value of Failed Bank Turns on Expert Evidence of Market Cap and Control. // Business Valuation Update;Dec2009, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p12
The article discusses a court case wherein the plaintiff's insured status and assets were hold on the basis of non-compliance with the regulations of the defendant. The U.S. Court of Federal Claims examined all aspects of the case and determined that the defendant has breeched the 1982...
- How to protect your assets against lawsuit. Burros, David // San Diego Business Journal;4/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p23
Focuses on protecting assets of business owners and executives against lawsuits. Economic incentive of contigency-fee law firms; Information on the concept of litigation; Process of asset protection; Classification of asset protection techniques; Using family limited partnership (FLP) as an...
- Protecting your assets: Don't be fooled. // Urology Times;5/1/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p32
The article provides an answer to a question about the best way to protect assets from lawsuits and creditors.
- Sunshine Act Notice. Garr, Shelley E. // Federal Register;10/13/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 198, p63618
The article offers information on the Sunshine Act Notice meeting by the U.S. Federal Election Commission which will discuss matters which concern the participation in civil actions and personnel rules that affect employees to be held on October 18, 2011 in Washington D.C.
- The Number One Myth of Asset Protection. Mandell, David B.; O'Dell, Jason M. // Podiatry Management;Apr/May2006, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p191
Talks about the loss of assets in a medical malpractice lawsuit. Reason behind the decision of a plaintiff with the judgment to file a lien or real estate of levy bank accounts of a physicians; Information on the legal obligation of the plaintiff attorney; Importance of protecting assets.
- Pacific Fishery Management Council (Pacific Council); Public Meeting. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;10/4/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 193, p61839
The article offers information on the notice from the National Marine Fisheries (NMFS) of the U.S. Department of Commerce concerning the public meetings to be established by the Pacific Fishery Management Council from October 30 to November 6, 2013. It states that the meeting, which will discuss...
- Record State Caseloads in 1990: But tort filings may be slowing because of reform legislation, report suggests. Reske, Henry J. // ABA Journal;Aug92, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p23
Reports on state court caseloads in the U.S. in 1990. Total number of cases filed; Total number of civil, criminal, juvenile, traffic and appellate cases filed; Comparison to federal court filings; Slowdown in tort filings.