New Mexico Reform Bill 'In limbo' After Senate Strips Significant Passage
- Silver Bullet? TELLER, ELLIOTT // Santa Fe Reporter;4/3/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p11
The article discusses the proposed Senate Bill 65 sponsored by Senator Gerald Ortiz y Pino of New Mexico which recommends assessment of Medicaid eligibility of inmates prior to their release. The legislation aims to reduce the number of New Mexico prisoners that resort to drug overdose or...
- State Housing Appeals Board. // Illinois Register;9/14/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p14050
A summary is presented of a bill creating the Illinois State Housing Appeals Board.
- Broader Airport Authority sought. O'Malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/31/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p1
Focuses on the House Bill 1734, a bill in the Legislature that would recast the Indianapolis Airport Authority board with more regional representation. Political implications of the bill; Advantages associated with the bill; Sponsors of the bill.
- Senate BillTo Target10-Year Rule. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p1
Reports that Senator Orrin Hatch from Utah is planning to introduce legislation in the U.S. Senate, which would replace a tax code provision that is affecting the ability of housing agencies to issue single-family mortgage revenue bonds. Possible addition of the bill to future tax measures;...
- Virginia Governor Set to Approve Brownfields Remediation Legislation. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31334, p5
Reports on a legislative bill passed in the Virginia General Assembly for creation of brownfields remediation fund to be administered by Virginia Resources Authority (VRA). Possible benefits associated with implementation of the bill; Projects to be financed through issue of remediation bonds;...
- Self-Regulatory Organizations; Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.; Notice of Designation of a Longer Period for Commission Action on Proposed Rule Change To Require Members To Report OTC Equity Transactions as Soon as Practicable, But No... O'Neill, Kevin M. // Federal Register;3/25/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 57, p17969
A summary is presented of a proposed amendment to the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. trade reporting rules, prepared by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Self-Regulatory Organizations; Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.; Notice of Filing of a Proposed Rule Change Relating to FINRA Rule 8313 (Release of Disciplinary Complaints, Decisions and Other Information). O'Neill, Kevin M. // Federal Register;3/25/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 57, p17975
A summary is presented of a notice of filing of a proposed amendment relating to the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. Rule 8313, prepared by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Alberta to streamline emergency management. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;May2007, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the establishment of a centralized agency which is set to deal with emergencies and disasters in Alberta. The member of the legislative assembly Ray Prins has brought Bill 30 which is the Disaster Service Amendment Act to the legislatures. The agency is going to coordinate...
- CONSENSUS EMERGES ON COLLECTIVE BARGAINING BILL. Walker, David // Photo District News;Feb2003, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the reintroduction of the bill Freelance Writers and Artists Protection Act of 2002 in the U.S. Congress in 2004. Information on the bill; Groups that support the bill.