Tolls Fall Back
- Arkansas Adds Bi-State Toll Roads To List of Growth-Fueled Projects. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31473, p1
Reports the plan of the Arkansas government to create a bi-state toll road authority to finance toll lanes across Interstate 540. Details on the projected cost of the project; Impact of the industrial and commercial growth of the area on Fayetteville; Challenges faced by business leaders on the...
- Dulles Toll Road Suit Entangled In Dispute Over Jurisdiction. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;10/22/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33204, p5
The article reports on the conflict between officials of the Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority (MWAA) and the Dulles Corridor Users Group regarding the appropriate venue for the case concerning the charging of tolls on the Dulles Toll Road. The author mentions that because of the...
- W.Va. Parkways Authority Closer to Deferred Maintenance Goal. Lannom, Andrea // State Journal (WV);7/1/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p20
The article reports on the plan of the West Virginia Parkways Authority wherein it plans to have the deferred maintenance down to 100 million dollars and have it completely paid off by 2019. According to officials, increasing toll fees will allow the authority to catch up with its 10-year...
- Hi-tech tolls had to get off to fast start. Saarinen, Martin // Auto Express;8/19/2015, Issue 1384, p20
The author asserts that the DartCharge free-flow road toll system in Great Britain has been deemed a failure and will likely discourage the public from supporting similar projects.
- Sandag Moves Ahead With Plan to Purchase Toll Road. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;12/19/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 51, p32
Information about several papers discussed at a meeting of the San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) and the 18 cities of San Diego County, California held December 3, 2011 regarding the purchase of South Bay Expressway is presented.
- Residents oppose WestConnex toll road. McILROY, JIM // Green Left Weekly;10/23/2013, Issue 985, p2
The article discusses that Sydney's inner-western suburbs' residents have gathered to attend a public meeting at Leichhardt Town Hall in New South Wales on October 10, 2013 to oppose the Liberal government's plan to build WestConnex toll road which links the link the M4 motorway to Sydney Airport.
- For Illinois Tollway, Delaying Repairs Is No Longer an Option. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31357, p30
Reports on the hearings conducted by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority over the proposed toll increase in the state. Financing for the upgrades and repairs of the state's mile system; Requirement of an independent engineering firm to review the status of the system; Details of the...
- SLEDGEHAMMER ALERT TO STOP TOLL ROADS -- KILL THE CDAs !! // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);7/1/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p8
The article announces the need of lobbyists and supporters for an initiative to stop toll roads by abolishing the Comprehensive Development Agreements (CDA) in the U.S.
- Indiana Legislature Expected to Vote on Controversial Toll Road Bill Today. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32338, p30
The article reports on the vote by the Indiana legislature on a bill detailing the lease of the Indiana Toll Road for 3.85 billion dollars. Lawmakers have compromised on several sticking points in separate versions pass in the House and Senate. The compromise came after lawmakers in the southern...