Talks on Schwarzenegger's GO Plan to Begin in Earnest Today
- California schools need 55. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/27/2004, Issue 323210, p24
Comments on the bond proposal for schools in California. Amount of bond measure; Endorsement of the proposition by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger; Allocation of bond proceeds; Amount allocated for joint-use for building new schools.
- Kentucky Agency Submits Counsel RFPs for Rest of Fiscal Year. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31981, p41
Reports on the submission of request for proposals for firms to work on bond issues by the Kentucky Infrastructure Authority. Possibility for the contract to be extended for one more fiscal year; Volume of deals for the firms to work on; Implication of the failure of the General Assembly to...
- A Governor's Gamble. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31937, p1
Reports on the bond issuance to provide a cash infusion for California in return for allowing expanded tribal gambling rights. Agreement between Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger with five Indian tribes; Reaction of the voters to two gaming proposals; Generation of additional state revenue.
- California's Prison Issues. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p1
The article reports on the proposed issuance of lease revenue bonds by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to solve the increasing sense of crisis emerging in California's overcrowded prison system. The governor announced a special session of the Legislature to address the prison system. Construction...
- Atlanta looks to clear legal hurdles for pension deal; seeks underwriters. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;11/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30513, p3
Focuses on the city of Atlanta's solicitation of proposals from underwriters on how to sell a $400 million taxable pension bond issue. Advertisement placed by the city in `The Bond Buyer'; Mayor Bill Campbell's rationale behind the sale; Questions over the sale's legality in Georgia; Background...
- Missouri Agency Goes Competitive For $140M Road Bond Refunding. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/21/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33403, p3
The article reports on the plans of the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission to bid for the 140 million dollars refunding of top-rated senior-lien state road bonds to achieve six percent to seven percent in present-value savings in the state.
- RFP Calendar. // Bond Buyer;4/24/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32864, p11
The article presents an advertisement of requests for proposals of bonds in the U.S.
- Tarrant County, Tex., Officials Mull Mineral Rights Taxes for Debt Service. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32321, p3
The article reports that Tarrant County, Texas officials are working to finalize a general obligation bond plan that could be as much 440 million dollars. It was emphasized that the debt proposal is expected to appear on a May 2006 ballot. The requests for a new county jail, a new civil courts...
- Sizing Up California's New Derivatives Market. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/5/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32481, p1
The article reports that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has approved a bill that legalize the use of derivatives and hedges on California general obligation bonds. The move opens door to the realm of public finance business in California. According to some officials, growth in the...