Utah Highway Planners Getting Creative
- Reintroduced Rail Bill Allows State Bonding. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;4/18/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32113, p5
Reports on the reintroduction of the rail bonds bill by the Leaders of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee in the U.S. Authority given to the states to issue taxable tax-credit bonds and tax-exempt private-activity bonds for high-speed rail projects; Emphasis on the increasing...
- Highway Trust Fund Rescue Effort. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/3/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33443, p1
The article reports on the opposition of John Mica, incoming chairman of the House Transportation Committee and other Republican House members against the proposed amendment for High Trust Fund in the U.S. Mica stated that the amendment will limit the funding of transportation programs in the...
- House conferees budge on highway funding. // Rock Products;Jul/Aug2004 Supp Cement Americas, p6
Reports on a highway bill reauthorization funding counterproposal delivered by the U.S. House conferees of the surface transportation committee to their Senate counterparts, on July 23, 2004. Amount of money offered by Senate conferees in guaranteed funding and in contract authority; Support of...
- Tranportation House Committee Explores Solutions to Nation's Transit Puzzle. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;4/5/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31112, p34
Reports on efforts of the U.S. Transportation House Committee to tackle problems related to transportation facing the country. Factors contributing to such problems; Steps to be taken by the committee to tackle the problem.
- Kansas City Selling $213M of Special Obligation Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/10/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32916, p5
The article reports on the sale of $213 million of special obligation bonds by Kansas City, Kansas. The proceeds of the deal will refund the variable-rate bonds issued in 2005 to finance construction of the new Sprint Center arena, an expansion of its convention center and public improvement...
- Sussex County, NJ., Selling $29M in Debt. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/5/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32459, p4
No abstract available.
- House Panel Members Call for Sales Tax Hike to Back Traffic-Fighting Initiatives. Sanchez, Humberton // Bond Buyer;10/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31731, p5
Reports on the appeal of leaders of a House transportation panel to Congress and White House to support their plan to raise the gas tax. Opposition of the White House and conservative members of the Congress to the committee's plan; Increase of traffic congestion; Use of gas tax receipt to fund...
- House subcommittee dives into ocean tech. Stanage, Niall // Hill;5/19/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 58, p17
The article reports on the public hearing of the U.S. House of Representatives, Transportation subcommittee on maritime transportation on ocean technologies.
- NEW JERSEY: Dealing in North Brunswick. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32502, p43
The article reports on the sale of North Brunswick $23.7 million of long- and short-term debt in New Jersey. Acacia Financial Group will serve as the financial adviser of the deal while McCarter & English LLP is the bond counsel. The bond proceeds will be used to roll over a previous note issue...