Farming in Alaska
- Global warming--if only it were true. Koch, George // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/15/96, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p35
Discusses a Canadian study which asserts that global warming would benefit agriculture in the prairie provinces. Focus on agriculture in Alberta; The study by Agriculture Canada's Lethbridge Research Centre and the University of Lethbridge; Assertion by skeptics that this good news is as...
- Predicting the future: hits and misses. Robinson, Elton // Western Farm Press;1/5/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on a report predicting the conditions of agriculture in the U.S. by the year 2015 being published by Advisory Committee on Biotechnology and 21st Century Agriculture of the U.S. Department of Agriculture with various topics including global warming, obesity and technology.
- International climate treaty would cost Central Valley farmers. Lieberman, Lisa // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/26/98, Issue 322256, p5
Details the effect of the international climate treaty on California farmers. Aim of the treaty to reduce greenhouse emissions; Contribution of fertilizers and gasolines to the greenhouse effect.
- Global warming fuels farm uncertainty. // Western Farm Press;10/18/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p13
Reports on the impact of global warming on crop production in the U.S. agricultural production and the nation's food supplies. Role of the farmers in combating against the global warming problem; Factors affecting the crop production; Concern of the farmers over climate change.
- Agriculture Needs to Speak Up. Morris, J. B. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);8/6/2009, Vol. 102 Issue 31, p2
The article focuses on the need for those in production agriculture to get off their backsides and become environmental advocates in the agriculture industry, emphasizing the issue which blames agriculture as caused of warming and the nation's health care problems in Texas.
- Come Hell or High Water. Ede, Piers Moore // Alternatives Journal;Winter2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the impact of global warming on the Tuvalu islands. Escalation of the sea level; Elimination of the coconut trees and sandbanks due to extreme flooding; Factors affecting the survival of traditional crops.
- Agricultural impacts of global warming: Discussion. Innes, Robert; Kane, Sally // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug95, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p747
Discusses the impact of global warming on agriculture. Examination of three papers on global warming impact on agriculture; Ingredients needed in global warming studies; Problems and opportunities and climate change analysis.
- Climate change benefits Alaskan farmers. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p92
Focuses on the benefits of global warming to farmers in Alaska. Temperature during winter nights in Alaska; Price of land per acre; Destructive effects of global warming to Alaska.
- Cold off the press. // Finance Week;10/25/2004, p15
Reports on the implications of Earths weather patterns for food production worldwide. Anticipation for the drop in food output; Concerns over the changes in the weather all over the world; Effect of global warming on agricultural productivity.