Flora and Fauna of the Blue Ridge
- Scenic Mountain Drives. FRYE, JASON // AAA Carolinas Go Magazine;May/Jun2013, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p26
The article focuses on the mountain driveways in Asheville, North Carolina. Topics discussed include Blue Ridge Parkway which is near at Mount Mitchell where hiking can be done, Cherokee Foothills National Scenic High Scenic Highway where the mountain called the Great Blue Hills of God is...
- Lookin' Purty for the Camera. Gaston, Janice // Appalachian Journal;Fall2005, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p27
This article describes the design and construction of the Blue Ridge Parkway which has Appalachia theme perpetuated by the parkway's designers. These designers were not historians by training that they got enamored of something that was a widespread myth about the mountain region. Private...
- Blue Ridge Parkway. // Colonial Homes;Aug87, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p40
History and scenic description of the 470 mile-long Blue Ridge Parkway, which extends from Waynesboro, Va. to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in N. Carolina. The Parkway is part of the US National Park System. Cultural events are highlighted.
- GET OFF YOUR BIKE. Granell, Alison // Bicycling;May2007, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p89
The article presents a list of scenic highlights of the Blue Ridge Parkway that may be enjoyed by cyclists taking a break from their bicycles.
- Wending the winding Blue Ridge Parkway. White, Mel // National Geographic Traveler;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p82
Recalls a trip from North Carolina to Virginia along the Blue Ridge Parkway, one of America's most scenic highways. History; Elevation; Views; Points of interest; Scenery. INSET: Drive wise (travel information)..
- Coalition works for Blue Ridge views. O'Connell, Kim A. // National Parks;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 69 Issue 11/12, p22
Reports on the 60th anniversary celebration of the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina and Virginia hosted by the Coalition for the Blue Ridge Parkway aimed at raising awareness of the economic value of designing development with the park's viewsheds in mind. Conflict between those who want to...
- The scenic route. McDonald, Avril // Travel Agent;3/28/94, Vol. 270 Issue 8, Virginia p9
Focuses on the travel attractions and facilities on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Abundance of flora and fauna; Brisk walk on Appalachian Trail; Scenic overlooks; Picnic area at Peaks of Otter; Visitor and information centers; Contact information.
- FALL FOLIAGE ALONG BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY. // Atlanta;Mar2014, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p84
The article offers information on the Blue Ridge Parkway, 469-mile highway, which connects the North Carolina's Great Smoky Mountains National Park to the Shenandoah National Park in Virginia.
- Driving the Scenic Blue Ridge Parkway. Copp, Darlene P. // TravelAmerica;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p26
Describes the Blue Ridge Parkway on its course through the highlands of Virginia and North Carolina. Tourist attractions on the Virginia portion of the road; Features of the Doughton Park in North Carolina; Brief history of the Grandfather Mountain; Details on the Blue Ridge Mountain.