U.S. JOURNAL: GALLUP, N.M
- Officials seek participants in '68 Long Walk re-enactment. // Navajo Times;5/20/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 20, pB2
The article reports on the invitation made of the Navajo Nation Fair Office officials to the individuals who have participated the 1968 re-enactment of the Treaty of 1868 for a reunion at the Window Rock Sports Center on June 5, 2010 in Arizona.
- Bosque Redondo. Lundgren, Julie K. // Rourke's Native American History & Culture Encyclopedia;Feb2009, Issue 2, p5
Information about the historical relevance of Bosque Redondo Reservation in southeastern New Mexico which became home to almost 9, 000 Navajo Indians at the end of the Navajo War in 1864, is presented.
- Chapter VP says most neglected chapter is Chilchinbeto. Yurth, Cindy // Navajo Times;3/10/2011, Vol. 50 Issue 10, pA1
The article reports that the Chilchinbeto chapter of Arizona is considered the most neglected chapter among the chapters of the Navajo Nation.
- A showcase of small art, children. Yurth, Cindy // Navajo Times;8/19/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 33, pC1
The article offers information on the 89th Annual Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial"at the Red State Park in Church Rock, New Mexico on August 14, 2010.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Bhinder, Rajinder S.; Bhinder, Surinder K.; Milford, Earl; Edsitty, Chelsea; Sandoval, Richard R. // Navajo Times;5/1/2014, Vol. 53 Issue 18, pA-6
Letters to the editor is presented by Dr. Rajinder S. Bhinder who expresses gratitude towards the Navajo community, Chelsea Edsitty who talks about the the freedom fighters and Richard R. Sandoval who talks about the Rock Springs Community Veterans Association meeting.
- Shiprock fair: Buy your concert tickets direct. Yurth, Cindy // Navajo Times;9/17/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 37, pA2
The article offers information on the Northern Navajo Fair to be held in Chinle, Arizona, in 2015 and suggests visiting the fair's website "www.northernnavajonationfair.org" for full schedule.
- Faces at Native Now. // Navajo Times;4/23/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 16, pC-5
The article presents two photographs from the annual Native Now event held in Arizona, in April 2015, that featured a boy getting painted with Thomas the Train.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Hanley, Wallace; Miller, Jason; Peaches, Daniel; Begay, Lester // Navajo Times;10/10/2013, Vol. 52 Issue 41, pA-6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in the previous issues including the issue of wellfare of Navajo citizens missed at the Fall NCA Education Conference, tracking the family history of two Navajo teenager boys and educational develiopment in Navajo Nation.
- Navajo Livestock Reduction in Southeastern Utah, 1933-46: History Repeats Itself. McPherson, Robert S. // American Indian Quarterly;Winter/Spring98, Vol. 22 Issue 1/2, p1
Examines the impact of cattle reduction crisis in Southeastern Utah on Navajo Indian tribes in a social, psychological and religious sense. Tribes' sacred view on livestock; Reasons for livestock crisis in the area.