Mysteries Dominating Hardcover Fiction List
- The top ten. Lane, Anthony // New Yorker;6/27/94-7/4/94, Vol. 70 Issue 19, p79
Critiques the books in the `New York Times' top ten bestselling fiction as of May 15, 1994 to evaluate the significance of best-selling charts as a culture barometer. `Like Water for Chocolate,' by Laura Esquivel; `Disclosure' by Michael Crichton; `Lovers' by Judith Krantz; `The Alienist,' by...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;1/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p3
Ranks the top book publishers in the United States in 2001 according to number of bestselling titles and number of weeks on the bestseller list of 'The New York Times' newspaper. Top position taken by Random House; Ranking of other publishers such as Amber-Allen and Penguin Putnam.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;1/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p5
Ranks the top book publishers according to number of children's books on the 'New York Times' bestseller list in 2001. Top position taken by HarperCollins; Ranking of other publishers such as Scholastic and Random House.
- Stop the Presses. // Progressive;Jan87, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the front page story published in the November 15, 1986 issue of the newspaper 'The New York Times.' Subject matter of the story; Plan of the journal for front-page publications.
- Changing Industry? On The Bestseller Lists It Was Deja vu All Over Again. // Book Publishing Report;01/08/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p1
Presents an annual review of the 'New York Times' newspaper's 2000 bestseller lists. Consumer publishers that dominated the lists; Categories of authors that had the longest stints on the fiction lists; Top authors in the non-fiction lists.
- Heavy Turnover on New York Times List in 2008. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2009 Supplement, p1
The article reports on the performance of New York Times Co. (NYT) bestseller lists for 2008 as compared to other publications in the U.S. including "Publishers Weekly," and the "USA Today." According to Simba Information Inc., more books made into the bestseller lists, just like the composite...
- Fewer Books, More Weeks On 2005 NYT Hardcover Nonfiction List. // Book Publishing Report;1/16/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the decline in the number of books on the hardcover nonfiction list of "The New York Times" in the U.S. The average hardcover nonfiction title had spent 6.3 weeks on the list in 2005, a 28 percent increase over the 4.9 week average in 2004. Penguin Group company was the...
- The New York Times Taking an Interest in Ebooks. SCHILLER, KURT // EContent;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the addition of ebook categories to the "New York Times" newspaper's weekly best-seller list. The popularity of ebooks have reportedly prompted "The Times" to monitor weekly ebook sales and top sellers for the fiction and non-fiction genre. Helping "The Times" generate...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORE CARD THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;Sep2003, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p7
Presents the top players in the 'New York Times' bestseller scorecard for publishers in the United States as of September 2003. HarperCollins; Simon & Schuster; Penguin Group USA; Time Warner; Holtzbrinck.