People In The News
- Executive Promotions At Meredith Corp. // Publishers Weekly;5/17/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 20, p14
Reports on the promotion of Stephen Lacy to president and chief operating officer of Meredith Corp. effective July 1, 2004. Responsibilities of Lacy in his new role; Successor of Lacy in the publishing group; Books published by Meredith; Entry of the company into the children's publishing business.
- Top Guns. Granatstein, Lisa // MediaWeek;5/17/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p46
Reports on the personnel succession plan of Meredith Corp. upon the retirement of William Kerr in June 2006. Appointment of Stephen Lacy as Kerr's successor; Election of John Griffin as Lacy's successor.
- Sale talks dog Meredith as it works through slump. Fine, Jon; Hughes, Laura Q. // Advertising Age;5/14/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 20, p6
The article focuses on the operations of Meredith Corp. in the United States which owns 12 broadcast stations and blue-chip magazine brands such as "Better Homes & Gardens." citing the appointment of President Stephen Lacy with magazine group President Jerry Kaplan. The company has announced the...
- PEOPLE. // Circulation Management;Jul2004, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p18
Presents updates on executives in the publishing industry in the U.S. as of July 2004. Promotion of Jim McCabe at G+J USA and Fast Company; Appointment of David Ball at Meredith Corporatioin; Selection of Stephen M. Lacy at Meredith Corp.
- MEREDITH, VERSION 2.0. Ives, Nat // Advertising Age;7/16/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 28, p10
The article features a Question & Answer interview with Stephen M. Lacy, president and chief executive officer of Meredith Corp. Lacy discusses Meredith's purchases of Helia, ReadyMade, and Child, as well as the future of the print-magazine business. Meredith is noted for the untraditional...
- Karpowicz Leads Meredith Group. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;2/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the appointment of Paul Karpowicz as chief executive of Meredith Broadcasting in the U.S. on February 14, 2005. Duties of Karpowicz; Statement of president and COO Stephen M. Lacy about the abilities of Karpowicz; Career background of Karpowicz.
- Meredith Corp.'s Stephen Lacy. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/17/2014, Vol. 208 Issue 80, p12
An interview is presented with Stephen Lacy, the chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of media company Meredith Corp. Topics discussed include details on Meredith's licensing deal with media company Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, details on Meredith's acquisition to the rights of the...
- Magazine hires marketer for licensing program. The Associated Press // Marketing News;9/10/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p7
Reports on the hiring of a marketing company by the Meredith Corp. in the U.S. Creation of a licensing strategy for Better Homes and Gardens magazine; Statement of publishing group president of Meredith, Stephen M. Lacy; Hiring of Moda International Marketing.
- STEPHEN LACY & JACK GRIFFIN. Lindsay, Greg // Advertising Age;10/17/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 42, pS-10
This article features Meredith Chief Operating Officer Stephen Lacy and publishing group President Jack Griffin, who were chosen as publishing executives of the year by Advertising Age in 2005. The complementary skill sets of Lacy and Griffin have transformed Meredith from a shelter magazine...