Time Warner Revenue Up In 2005; Book Publishing Praised
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;04/17/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the financial performances of companies involved in book publishing. Consolidated revenues for Time Warner's publishing business in the first quarter of 2000; Book manufacturer Courier Corp.'s sales in the second quarter of 2000.
- Time Warner Turns 10. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;12/1/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 48, p18
Highlights the tenth year anniversary celebration in 2003 of Time Warner AudioBooks, publisher of the audiobooks based on titles from Warner Books and Little, Brown. Number of titles released by the company in 2003; Changes in the company; Difficulties faced by the company; Details of the...
- Flat Mid-Year Results For Time Warner Publishing. // Book Publishing Report;8/2/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p5
The publishing segment of Time Warner Inc. posted mid-year revenues of $2.56 billion, just below its $2.57 billion in revenues during the same period a year ago. Time Warner Inc. reported its mid-year revenues for 2004, of which its publishing division represents about 13% of the company's total...
- Newest Tactic In Time Warner's E-Strategy--Look To The Children. // Book Publishing Report;02/19/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p6
Reports on Time Warner Trade Publishing Group's acquisition of 51 percent stake in ipicturebooks.com. Titles being carried by the Web site; Potential in electronic children's books.
- Publishing Industry Profile: United States. // Publishing Industry Profile: United States;Nov2007, p1
Presents a profile of the Publishing industry in the United States. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the...
- Young Takes the Reins At Time Warner. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/12/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 49, p6
The article reports on the appointment of David Young as head of the Time Warner Book Group in May 2005. He began his career in publishing in 1970 with Thorsons. He was impressed with the size and dimensions of the U.S. book market. He sees the Christian segment as a potential growth area for...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;10/17/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 41, p6
Presents news briefs on the book publishing industry as of October 17, 2005. Formation of the TWBG Digital Media division by the Time Warner Book Group; Decision of Knopf to move up the publication date for John Banville's "The Sea"; Acquisition of Morehouse Publishing and Living the Good News...
- Publishing Industry Profile: Asia-Pacific. // Publishing Industry Profile: Asia-Pacific;Nov2006, p1
Presents a profile of the Publishing industry in Asia-Pacific. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- Larry Kirshbaum: 2005 Publishing Person of the Year. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/19/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 50, p20
The article reports that Larry Kirshbaum has been named the 2005 Publishing Person of the Year. In recognition of the contribution of Kirshbaum to the success of Time Warner Books Group Inc., he was honored by the Publisher Weekly. His leadership and management style led to the steady stream of...