CBA Members End 2005 With Mixed Results; Optimistic For 2006
- Religious Titles Maintain Strong Foothold In Five Southern States. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2007, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p12
The article reports that the independent bookstores in Book Publishing Report's monthly survey of retailers has hailed from Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia and the Carolinas. They showed few differences compared with their northeastern counterparts, though less retailers have reported unchanged...
- IN A BIND. Clancy, Ambrose // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/20/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 30, p9A
The article reports that 17 independently owned bookstores are in trouble due to the rise of superstores in Long Island, New York. According to booksellers, they are also being hurt more by new technology, namely online stores. Matt Schab, owner of Lazy Days Books in Long Beach, independent...
- Browsing the bookstores. // Publishers Weekly;4/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 14, p59
Presents a directory of bookstores in and around Los Angeles, California. Includes Samuel French Bookstore; Sisterhood Bookstore; Pacific Asia Museum.
- Tuesday with Mommies. Kirch, Claire // Publishers Weekly;6/28/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 26, p18
Features the Tuesday Books multi-family bookstore in Williamston, Michigan. Number of titles under the bookstore; Description of the bookstore; Historical background of the bookstore.
- BOOKSTORE: The Drama Book Shop. Salomon, Andrew // Back Stage East;5/10/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 19, p32
The article features Drama Book Shop, one of the popular bookstores in New York City. The said establishment has been serving numerous actor clients because of its satisfying services and complete stocks of books. The author pointed that while the store is one of the best resources in the city,...
- NEVADA. Thornton, Matthew // Publishers Weekly;7/16/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 28, p24
The article reports on the rising book sales in the state of Nevada. Report says that the state is home to many chain bookstores and a number of thriving independents. Sundance bookstore is entering its 23rd year in Las Vegas in 2007. Reading Room, an independent store in the Mandalay Bay Hotel...
- Midnight Special on the Move. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;8/5/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 31, p22
Reports on the relocation of Midnight Special Bookstore located in Santa Monica, California. Reason for the store's relocation; Value of the real estate occupied by Midnight Special; Description of the store's relation with its landlord.
- Lemuria's Annex Launch. Summer, Bob // Publishers Weekly;4/12/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 15, p17
Reports on the launching of the LemuriaBooks.com store by Lemuria Books in Jackson, Mississippi. Area of the store; Reason for adding .com to its name; Prices of books sold at the store; Information on the books sold at the launching of the store; Optimism for the store; Highlights of the...
- WYOMING. Kirch, Claire // Publishers Weekly;12/17/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 50, p16
The article focuses on the status of bookselling in Wyoming. Wyoming ranks number 1 on "Publisher's Weekly's" bookselling health index. While Cheyenne lost its Waldenbooks in January 2007, leaving the state's capital with only two general bookstores, three other cities each support three...