Simon & Schuster Audio To Start Children's List; Phase Out Tapes
- S&S Audio Starts Kids' Unit. // Publishers Weekly;2/6/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the plan of Simon & Schuster Audio to launch a children's division and publish book titles. The first three titles are print adaptations from the division.
- Chivers to Publish Unabridged S&S Titles. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 6, p28
Reports that Simon & Schuster (S&S) Audio and Chivers North America agreed that Chivers will publish unabridged editions of S&S Audio titles. Marketing of Chivers audiobooks; Comments from Seth Gershel, senior vice president of Simon & Schuster Audio
- Many Plans, One Goal-Sell More Audiobooks. // Book Publishing Report;6/3/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p3
Focuses on the plans of audiobook publishers to increase market share. Formation of a Christian audio publishing division by Brilliance Audio; Aim of Simon & Schuster Audio on targeting shoppers in mass market outlets; Release of audiobooks of Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys by Random House Audio.
- Audio's Fall Bounty. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;6/3/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 22, p30
Looks at the fall releases of audiobook publishers and retailers in the U.S. for 2002. Memoir lineup of Random House Inc.; Highlights of Simon & Schuster Audio's fall line; Bestseller follow-ups of Time Warner AudioBooks.
- S&S Rushes Out Latest Oprah Pick. // Publishers Weekly;2/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p34
Reports that Simon & Schuster Audio will rush an audio version of Bret Lott's `Jewel' into production. Availability of the audio; `Jewel' as television personality Oprah Winfrey's pick for her on-air book club; Retail price of the audiobook.
- Audio Seeks New Listeners. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;1/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p29
Explores the marketing efforts of audiobook publishers in the U.S. Initiatives to promote audiobooks; Partnership forged by Simon & Schuster Audio; Features of a Web site about audiobooks; Analysis of the impact of technology on the industry.
- S&S's sweepstakes helps reintroduce repackaged language audio series. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;6/7/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 23, p50
Reports on Simon & Schuster Audio's relaunch of its Pimsleur Language Program with new packaging, an expanded line and extensive marketing and promotion. Details of a sweepstakes organized by the firm from January through April 1999; Company's recruitment of Whit Waterbury as manager of the...
- The Warlord Wants Forever. // Publishers Weekly;10/31/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 44, p52
The article reviews the audio book "The Warlord Wants Forever," by Kresley Cole and narrated by Hagan Verret and Simone Fomhar.
- The Old Man and the Promotion. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;8/5/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 31, p25
Reports on the release of Ernest Hemingway's short stories in audiobook format by Simon & Schuster Audio. Description of the audiobooks.