People In The News
- Pocket cuts sales staff; consumer group sales off. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/11/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 46, p20
Describes the reorganization occurring at Pocket Books which has cut 15 positions from its sales division. The major factor behind the restructuring; Details regarding the lower consumer group sales of Simon & Schuster (S&S), according to parent company Viacom.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;11/15/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p5
The article reports that Peter Borland had been appointed as senior editor at Simon & Schuster Inc. imprint Atria Books. Prior to the appointment, Borland worked as a freelance editor and writer for Miramax Books, Time Inc. and other companies.
- S&S looks in-house to fill top positions on new sales team. // Book Publishing Report;02/21/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p5
Reports selection of sales team members by Simon & Schuster (S&S) in the United States. Reorganization of sales and distribution division of S&S; Appointment of Rick Richter as president and Larry Norton as vice president and director of sales; Recruitment of officers from other publishing houses.
- Something About Mary. Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;3/28/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 13, p7
Focuses on the plan of controversial publisher Mary Matalin to launch a conservative imprint within Simon & Schuster. Characteristics of Matalin; Views of Simon & Schuster executive David Rosenthal on Matalin; Collaboration between Matalin and Pocket Books publisher Louise Burke.
- The Glottologist's New Edition. // Time;7/8/1966, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p86
The article presents the new softback book publishing company of Leon Shimkin, Pocket Books Inc. He, together with partner M. Lincoln Schuster of Simon and Schuster Inc., merged the company which he calls "the new and enlarged edition of S. and S." Shimkin has helped Simon and Schuster for...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;1/2/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 1, p4
The article offers news related to the publishing industry as of January 2, 2006. Brenda Marsh was named vice-president of author relations for Barnes & Noble. There has been increase in backlist sales in 2005 at Simon & Schuster. Hilary Schupf has resigned as director of publicity at Pocket...
- Scheibe Turns Up at Free Press, Plans Fiction Line. // Publishers Weekly;1/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p136
Reports on the selection of Amy Scheibe as senior editor at Simon & Schuster. Job description; Career background.
- Reidy to Head New Adult Group at S&S. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 6, p10
Announces the appointment of Carolyn Reidy as president of the adult publishing group created by Simon & Schuster (S&S) company. Description of Reidy's job; Details on the management restructuring at S&S; Information on the adult publishing group.
- Riger to senior Penguin spot. // Publishers Weekly;4/20/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 16, p12
Reports that Robert Riger has been named managing director of online sales worldwide for the Penguin Group and an executive vice-president of the group. What the job will entail; Riger's background and early career; Louise Burke named senior vice-president and publisher of New American Library.