Riverhead To Stay Course With Kloske Appointment
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;1/30/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 5, p4
The article offers news briefs in the publishing industry as of January 2006. Geoffrey Kloske has been appointed vice president and publisher at Riverhead Books. Revenue at McGraw-Hill Education increased 11.5 percent while operating profit increased 20.6 percent. Tokyopop has eliminated six...
- Penguin Acquires Rights to Steven Johnson Book. // Book Publishing Report;2/16/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p7
Reports that the Riverhead Books of the Penguin Group company and the Penguin Press imprints have acquired the rights to the book "Everything Bad is Good For You," by Steven Johnson. Acquisition of the title from Lydia Wills of the Writers and Artists Group International; Topic of the book;...
- Talking books. Gebbels, Tim // Contemporary Review;Nov95, Vol. 267 Issue 1558, p242
Presents information on publishing in the 1990s. Highlights Penguin Books and its audiobook publishing operation; Comments from publishing manager Jan Paterson.
- Alpha Books Moving to Penguin. // Publishers Weekly;9/2/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 35, p10
Reports on the transition of Alpha Books from Pearson Technology Group to Penguin Putnam, as of September 2002. Target date for the completion of the transition.
- Book Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;3/8/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p6
Presents book briefs of different publishing groups like, Encyclopaedia Britannica, Riverhead Books, and the Berkley Publishing Groups.
- Untitled. // Design Week;3/13/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p6
Reports on design firm Equals' creation of the 2003 brochure and marketing materials for children's book publisher Puffin Corp. Use of the concept of 'Puffin Rock' as basis for the design work; Description of the brochure cover.
- Penguin follows HarperCollins' Lead, Launches Speakers Bureau. // Book Publishing Report;6/26/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p4
The article reports on the decision of Penguin Group USA Inc. to launch its Penguin Speakers Bureau in the U.S. Jacqueline Fischetti will serve as director of the Penguin Speakers Bureau. Fischetti has said that books will be sold at most of the speaking engagements. The traditional books...
- ALAN GREENSPAN. // Entertainment Weekly;3/24/2006, Issue 869, p72
Reports that former U.S. Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan is collecting a reported $8.5 million for his memoir, which Penguin Press plans to publish in 2007.
- Penguin's New Hudson Street Press. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;1/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 4, p101
Reports that publishing company Penguin USA provided details on the new imprints started by Laureen Rowland, who will oversee Hudson Street Press, as of January 2004. Features of the list.