Mother M. Alfred Moes by Mike Major
- SCULPTURE. // World Almanac for Kids;1999, p28
No abstract available.
- SCULPTURE. // World Almanac for Kids;1997, p30
Provides information on sculpture, with some examples of famous sculptors and sculptures. Sculpture is a three-dimensional form made from clay, stone, metal, or other material. Many sculptures stand freely so that you can walk around them. Some are mobiles that hang from the ceiling. Sculptures...
- DRAMATIST IN WOOD. // Time;5/16/1960, Vol. 75 Issue 20, p82
The article focuses on the works of Renaissance sculptor Tilman Riemenschneider highlighting the altarpiece he made for the chapel in Creglingen, Bavaria. It states that Riemenschneider's Creglingen linden triptych was dedicated to the Virgin Mary, and like most of his sculptures, it indicates...
- Invincible Man. OBOURN, NICK // Art & Antiques;Dec2008, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p28
The article features the Doryphoros or spear-carrier, a bronze statue sculpted by Greek sculptor Polykleitos in the fifth century before Christ (B.C.). According to the article, Polykleitos established the idealized nude, athletically built warrior, and that the statue remained the artistic...
- Pensive Girl. Cavanagh, Terry // Public Sculpture of South London;2007, p132
Information about the sculpture "Pensive Girl," is presented. Created by Gerda Rubinstein, the sculpture is mounted on a simple plinth, representing a girl in contemporary dress, seated on the ground. It is said that "Pensive Girl" was one of three sculptures of Rubinstein entered for the...
- NATIONAL SCULPTURE COMPETITION. // Sculpture Review;Spring2000, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p30
The article talks about the National Sculpture Competition, a contest involving sculptors. The first part of the competition was the selection of the three winners of the Young Sculptor Awards from slides by the members of the National Sculpture Society Education Committee. The Roger T. Williams...
- Individuals. // Halcyon Days: Sculpture;2002, p33
Several photographs of individually carved human sculpture are presented, including Calypso Rose, Shiva and Martha.
- Religious Sculpture. Kimme, Luise // Halcyon Days: Sculpture;2002, p48
Photographs of several religious-themed sculptures are presented, including Baptism, The Annunciation and Little Guardian.
- Nijinsky. Kimme, Luise // Halcyon Days: Sculpture;2002, p58
Photographs of several sculptures on the dances of Nijinsky are presented, including The Golden Slave, Sumerian Dancer and The Prince.