- Patagonia, Surf 2007. Barnard, Patrick // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Sep2008, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p46
The article announces that Patagonia has received a silver award from Multichannel Merchant (MCM) Awards 2008 sporting goods category.
- Good For Your Feet. Good For Your World. Bouchard, Nancy Prichard // SGB;May2009, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p22
The article offers information on the environmental sustainability approach of Fox River in the sporting goods industry. Each year, the company recycles almost 500,000 pounds of materials. Rather than using petrochemicals, the company uses soy-based oils to run machines. In 2006, Fox River...
- Weatherproofing. Rafi, Natasha // Money;Mar2000, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p28
Mentions financial news and the prices of new products. GustBuster umbrella, Jack Spade laptop computer cover, Marmot's Osprey jacket, and Fox River's X-Static liner socks; Share price of Lands' End stock; Contact points.
- Patagonia joins bluesign. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;May/Jun2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the decision of U.S.-based outdoor equipment and apparel company Patagonia Inc. to join the bluedesign standard, the first brand company to benefit from such membership. As a member of bluedesign, the company can benefit from practical solutions regarding environment,...
- Innovations in sporting goods spreads hope through industry. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;2/5/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p6
Deals with the implication of the new products displayed at the 2001 Super Show on the projected growth rate of the sporting goods industry in the United States. Sports products displayed at the show; Role of the retail stores in marketing the sports products; Importance of the participation of...
- NEW PRODUCTS. // NSGA Retail Focus;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p20
The article introduces new products in the sporting goods industry in the U.S. It includes T7-0 treadmill from Lite Fitness, micro-compact 8-power binocular from Konus Optical & Sports System, H1950 Bob Feller 1636 JC Higgins baseball glove, Holloway's performance wear pullover, and GreatLITE's...
- Miracle Fibres. // New Yorker;5/6/91, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p34
Describes a visit to a sports product launch hosted by German figure skater Katarina Witt. Her job with Sports Product Group; Importance of branding in the sporting goods retail industry; How she is treated at the event.
- SPORTS MATERIALS. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Oct2005, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p22
Introduces several innovative products for sports in the U.S. Description of the polycarbonate helmet from Bayer MaterialScience LLC; Features of the magnesium bicycle from Keronite Inc.; Physical features of the polypropylene glove from Cutters Glove.
- A Healthy Mash. Leand, Judy // SGB;Sep2008, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p34
The article presents the action sports footwear developed by various companies for the Spring 2009 event in the U.S. Companies are making down-trending action sports shoes to bring the industry in a brighter spot. It includes the Gilde shows from PF Flyers, the Boaris from Patagonia Inc. and the...