- WALK THIS WAY. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;11/29/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 47, p38
Focuses on the demand for Masai Barefoot Technology (MBT), a Swiss footwear which mimics barefoot walking on uneven ground, in the U.S. as of November 29, 2004. Number of MBT designs; Other advantages of the product; Pairs sold by several MBT retailers.
- LOCALISED PRODUCTION AND MASS CUSTOMISATION IS THE FUTURE OF FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY. McHenry, Louise // Urethanes Technology International;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p30
The article focuses on the opportunities for growth of the polyurethane sector in the footwear industry. The author mentions that mass customization will be a critical factor for the growth of polyurethane business in the footwear market. He adds that polyurethane shoe machinery makers need to...
- New York shoe designer opens Tucson boutique. // Inside Tucson Business;2/11/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p1
Reports on Clint Alan's Shoe Boutique's opening of a branch in Tucson, Arizona. Store location; Product line; Impact on the retail industry.
- GDS Retailers Freshen Up Spring. ANNISS, ELISA // FN: Footwear News;9/21/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 36, p4
The article presents an update on the footwear industry and GDS retailers.
- INDEPENDENT'S DAY. Atmore, Michael // FN: Footwear News;2/18/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p10
The author highlights the role of independent retailers in shoe retailing and talks about the introduction of the series called "Independent Spotlight" by "Footwear News" in February 2008.
- Soho Retail Heats Up. HENNING, KRISTEN // FN: Footwear News;10/4/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 36, p6
The article reports that New York's Soho city has become a popular place for footwear retail trade with affordable rents for commercial space, and the Frye brand footwear plans to launch its first flagship store in the city in 2011.
- EVENT CALENDAR. // FN: Footwear News;Jul2013, Vol. 69 Issue 25, p50
A calendar of events related to footwear and retailer industry in Utah from July 30-August 2, 2013 is presented including the Open Air Demo in July 30, the OIA industry breakfast in July 31, and Industry Party on July 31.
- Stalking the footwear shopper. // Discount Store News;8/1/94, Vol. 33 Issue 15, Apparel Merchandising pA34
Focuses on the footwear business. Retailers' marketing strategies for their footwear department; Footwear's share of total discount stores sales; Footwear fashion; Footwear materials and prices; Department-style promotions; Micromarketing.
- SHOES SHINE ON RUNWAY. Sammon, Lindsay E. // FN: Footwear News;10/15/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 40, p2
The article reports that color and exotic styles of footwear are the key looks in Paris, France and Milan, Italy, according to retailers. According to retailers, shoes are becoming seasonless, as spring styles are crossing over from fall with unique updates. Varied skins and bold color dominated...