- Bright Idea. // FN: Footwear News;3/28/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p38
Several photographs of running shoes including products from Reebok, Etnies, and Nike is presented.
- What's the Next Hot Fitness Trend? Herring, Amber // FN: Footwear News;2/2/2015, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p46
No abstract available.
- ATHLETIC BUZZ. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;7/26/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 29, p153
Presents updates on the athletic footwear industry in the U.S. as of July 26, 2004. Introduction of Etonic Custom Fit System running shoes from Etonic of Hillsborough, New Jersey; Debut of Complete Taranis shoe from Puma of Westford, Massachusetts; Collaboration of DC Shoe of Vista, California...
- On With the Shoe. Powell, Matt // SGB;Feb2005, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p6
Presents an update on the performance of the athletic footwear industry in the U.S. in 2004. Factors that made an impact on the sales performance of athletic footwear; Top brands of running shoes; Sales performance of classic footwear; Forecast for 2005.
- NEW BALANCE. Avant, Mary // Footwear Plus;Mar2012, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p30
The article features New Balance, a U.S. footwear manufacturer that has been recognized for its product excellence at the13th Annual Plus Awards ceremony in 2012. The company attributes its 2-billion U.S. dollar sales in 2012 to the success of its running division, which grew more than 10...
- Running on clouds. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;May/Jun2010, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses trends in footwear technology and features the CloudTec foot technology developed by Swiss footwear firm On that absorbs horizontal and vertical forces on the foot while running. The sole of the shoes includes hollow circular rubber elements that aim to train neglected...
- Flashing Forward. Leand, Judy // SGB;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p16
The article looks at the Spring 2007 design and construction of performance running shoes. According to Geoff Shaffer, marketing director at Pearl Izumi, performance running shoes are sporting bolder colors than in seasons past. Construction methods are also undergoing changes, resulting in...
- Flash and Dash. Leand, Judy // SGB;Jan2005, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p66
Presents information on several footwear models for 2005. Hyper Rocketgirl II from Asics; Complete TF LD from Puma; Cosmos MD from Adidas; JW Foster Distance from Reebok; Monsterfly from Nike.
- Can Bare Go Cold? BERBY, MEREDITH // FN: Footwear News;1/30/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p44
The article reports that new winterized minimalist running shoes will be available for the 2012 cold-weather season from brands including Merrell, New Balance, Vibrant, Ecco and Saucony. The sales of New Balance's existing Minimus Outdoor collection has been good. Dan Loncto, owner of Fleet Feet...