UNDER ARMOUR OPENS EUROPEAN HEADQUARTERS
- Under Armour Launches Performance Eyewear. Carroll, Deirdre // Vision Monday;5/21/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p112
The article reports on the launch of Performance Eyewear sunwear collection by Under Armour, a sport performance apparel firm. The sunwear collection, which was created for sport enthusiasts, was released through Eyeking LLC in New York. Raphael Peck, vice president of product creation and...
- Under Armour opens first digital headquarters. Barrie, Leonie // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);3/21/2015, p11
The article reports on the first Connected Fitness digital headquarters opened by the sportswear specialist Under Armour in Austin, Texas.
- David and Goliath. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the competition between Under Armor and Nike in the sporting goods industry. Total value of the two companies; Success gained by Under Armor since 1999; Efforts of Under Armor to market compression apparel; Key to the continued growth of Under Armor.
- Tough Lessons. Powell, Matt // SGB;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p6
The article offers a look at the Back-To-School season in the sporting goods industry in 2006. According to the author, sales were strongest in full-line sporting goods stores in the Pacific and Mountain regions and weakest in New England. Nike dominated the overall top-seller list. Under...
- Powering Up. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p24
The article offers a look at Russell Athletic, which has been in the performance apparel category for years with its Dri-Power line. Included are quotes from Alex Hodges, vice president of marketing at Russell Athletic. Under Armour, another sporting goods retailer, is discussed. According to...
- Under Armour Readies Running Footwear Launch. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Dec2008, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p12
The article reports that footwear company Under Armour Inc. faces numerous challenges regarding its running footwear category in 2009. It states that the company gets a full support from sporting goods chains and is expected to maintain demand over supply. It notes that the company grabbed...
- Under Armour, Auburn Ink Deal. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Jan2006, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p15
The article announces that Under Armour has forged its second team uniform deal with the Southeastern Conference's Auburn University. The terms of the agreement is highlighted. The value of the transaction is mentioned. In other company news, Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank presided over the NASDAQ...
- Under Armour to Supply University of Maryland. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Feb2004, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p15
Reports on a football uniform licensing deal of the University of Maryland with sporting goods company Under Armour, as of February 2004. Background of Kevin Plank, founder and president of Under Armour; Value of the deal; Impact of the partnership on Under Armour; Terms of the deal.
- Under Armour Sets Sights on Eyewear Market. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Jul2006, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p12
This article reports on the new product line from Under Armour. The sportswear company announced that they will now be developing an eyewear line, after signing a six-year licensing deal with Eyeking LLC. The first product will be a sun visor that fits under football helmets. The new line has...