The Super Show Is Over; Two Shows Planned For '07
- Hot spots. Monget, Karen // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/13/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 8, p12
Features sporting goods outlets selling active/athletic wear in the United States. Oshman's of Houston, Texas; Sportmart of Niles, Illinois; Gazelle Sports of Kalamazoo, Michigan; Herman's of Carteret, New Jersey; Sears, Roebuck & Co. of Chicago, Illinois; Backstage Inc. of Little Rock, Arkansas.
- SGMA Spring Market Launches This Month. // SGB;Jun2007, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p16
This article presents an interview with the president of the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA), Tom Cove. When asked how the SGMA, Spring Market will target general sporting goods retailers Cove responds that the event is aimed at the small retailer. When asked about the challenges...
- SGMA: Sporting Goods Sales Increased in 2007. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that sporting goods sales in the U.S. increased at an annual rate of 3.3 percent in 2007. Driving the gains were continued strength in athletic footwear, licensed athletic merchandise, fishing, firearms and martial arts. Stability in the fitness equipment, sports apparel, and...
- SuperShow to close, SGMA to launch two events. // Expo Magazine;Mar2006, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p23
Reports on the decision of the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA) to retire its SuperShow trade show in 2006. Two annual events to be launched by SGMA in the U.S. in 2007 to replace the SuperShow; Reason behind the move of the SGMA.
- Riding It Out. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Jan2008, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on increase in the sale of sporting goods due to the early advent of winters in the U.S. in 2007. As of the end of October 2007, ski clothing inventory was 10% higher than in 2006, while snowboard apparel inventory was 25% higher. However the retailers are still worried about...
- What's Selling Where. // SHOT Business;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p48
The article features several sporting goods industry in the U.S. The Four Corners General Store offers a variety of general sporting goods, with muzzleloaders as its best selling equipment. Meanwhile, the Gun City offers 1,200 guns with its two best selling guns Taurus Model 85s and Ruger LCPs...
- TALKING TO A TEAM DEALER: BUDDIE CLENDENIN, SPORT MART, CHARLESTON, W.VA. Maciaszek, Marty // NSGA Retail Focus;Dec2012, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p8
An interview with Buddie Clendenin, team leader at sporting goods retailer Sport Mart located in Charleston, West Virginia, is presented. When asked on the major concerns in the team business, he refers to the Internet and the consolidation of all the big team dealers. Clendenin explains his...
- Board Must Support Next Year's SGMA Shows. Carr, Bob // SGB;Feb2006, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p12
The author encourages board members of the Sporting Goods Manufacturer's Association (SGMA) to support its trade shows. When The Super Show was launched, one industry show did a good job of presenting a national showcase of sporting goods products. Attending one of the SGMA shows might give them...
- SHOW BRIEFS. // Plastics News;9/24/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 30, p23
Introduces several sporting goods at the Action Sports Retailer trade show in San Diego, California. Demonstration of the Indo Board balance trainer; Materials used of the sports sandals manufactured by Sanuk USA LLC; Features of the rolling wheel shoes from Heeling Sports Ltd.