Ready To Rumble
- Gander Mountain hiring. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/15/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p17
The article reports that Gander Mountain Co. will add 40 more jobs at its distribution center in Lebanon. According to the company's spokeswoman Shannon Burns, the store growth is demanding for more employees. In addition, the company has expanded a nearby building to accommodate peak seasonal...
- Gander Mountain gets into water sports. Tierney, Jim // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Jan2008, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the acquisition of water sports cataloger and retailer Overton's by sporting goods retailer Gander Mountain. Gander Mountain paid an estimated $70 million for Overton's, which include the repayment of Overton's debt. According to David Ewald, spokesperson of Gander...
- Gander Mountain ruling paves path for direct launch. // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Aug2007, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p7
The article focuses on a ruling by a U.S. federal judge giving sporting goods retailer Gander Mountain the legal right to use its logo and name in all direct marketing channels, including catalogs and e-commerce. The firm operates 108 retail stores in 22 states as well as an informational...
- NEWS BRIEFS. // SGB;Jan2007, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p14
The article presents sporting goods news briefs. David C. Pratt, founder of United Industries, purchased shares of Gander Mountain common stock. Pratt was also elected chairman of Gander Mountain's board of directors. Hat World has entered into an agreement to acquire one of its competitors, Hat...
- Retailers Go Green. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Aug2007, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p28
The article discusses the adoption of environmental conservation efforts by retail stores, including cutting energy use and carbon emissions and reducing wastes. The article states that the green movement is widespread and, while it has political and economic benefits, is largely in response to...
- ALL SYSTEMS GROW. Monahan, Julie // Entrepreneur;Mar2005, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p78
Suggests expansion strategies for businesses in the U.S. Selection of the expansion method that best fits a company's product or service; Introduction of a new product; Extension of the original product. INSET: PRE-EXPANSION CHECKUP.
- WHY BUSINESSMEN FAIL. Sprague, Jesse Rainsford // Saturday Evening Post;5/15/1937, Vol. 209 Issue 46, p27
Focuses on the causes of business failures in the U.S. Inability of the business to meet the demands of the clients; Lack of the acumen and willingness to manage the enterprise; Expansion of businesses into untried lines of products and unexplored territories.
- HARD BOOTS GO SOFT. J. C. // Field & Stream;Nov2007, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p24
The article evaluates the Wapiti Hunting Boots from Gander Mountain Co.
- Gander Mountain formally opens remodeled Cicero store with Firearms Super Center. // Business Journal (Central New York);11/15/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p4
The article reports on the three-day grand opening of the Gander Mountain Co., a retail network of outdoor specialty stores, in Cicero, New York from November 8-10, 2013 after remodeling of the store was completed.