- Letters. Swenson, Thomas J. // Marketing News;8/2/1985, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p2
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Design Firm Is 'Packaging' Baseball Players," in the June 21, 1985 issue.
- UNDERSTANDING GENERATIONAL ISSUES TO SELL MORE SPORTING GOODS. // NSGA Retail Focus;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p10
The article differentiates the core values of different generations which are the essential considerations in selling sporting goods in the U.S. It outlines the core values of the silent generation which include the passion to remain physically fit, the taste for traditional sports and search...
- GENERATION X. // NSGA Retail Focus;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p11
The article outlines the core values of the Generation X and the First Wave Millennials which are essential in selling sporting goods in the U.S. It states that the individuals that belong to the Generation X are independent and individualistic. It is inferred that First Wave Millennials are...
- What "old values"? Tooth, Graham // Community Care;11/23/2006, Issue 1650, p27
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about social work values in the November 2, 2006 issue.
- TAKE A LEAD ON VALUES. Phillips, Steve // People Management;2/21/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "How to Embed Your Company Values," in the February 7, 2008 issue.
- TAKE THE WHEEL. Antonucci, Don // Marketing News;5/15/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p10
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Get in Driver's Seat by Finding Role That Directs Profits," by Marilyn Moats Kennedy in the April 15, 2006 issue.
- Staying Power. Ryan, Thomas J.; Arinello, Ed; Shannon, Lori; Rosenberg, Craig; Hennion, Jeff; Meschinelli, Thom; Marchetti, Mike; Johnson, Bruce; Ferguson, Andrew; Hornbaker, Ron // SGB;Aug2006, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented regarding employee retention. Letters are presented from executives at such companies as G.I. Joe's, Modell's Sporting Goods, Dick's Sporting Goods, and Olympia Sports.
- A TOUCH OF CLASS. Hartford, James M. // SGB;Jul2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p10
In this article the author focuses on the honorees of the fifth annual SGB 40 Under 40 awards. The author mentions that SGB 40 comprised of 200 of the best and brightest young leaders in the sporting goods industry. The author also welcomes the new editors of the issue including Aaron Bible, Buz...
- From Sports to Sport to SGB. Garvey, Steve // SGB;Jan2006, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p17
The article reflects on being Editor-at-Large for Sporting Goods Business magazine. His first experience with publishing is being executive publisher of Sport magazine. His tenure with Peterson Publishing helped him broaden his business acumen and understand what a time-honored business...